Edible Body Powder

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alwayssomething

Reaction score
What kind of powder base is edible for an edible body powder? The suppliers' websites supply so little information about the safety of their powder bases.

EDIT: I am looking for VEGAN ingredients -- nothing with honey powder, beeswax, or buttermilk powder.

alwayssomething said:
What kind of powder base is edible for an edible body powder? The suppliers' websites supply so little information about the safety of their powder bases.

Where is tab!?! She makes that stuff I think?? I've got no idea but I'm pretty sure she has made some :)

I've resisted the urge to ask this, but I'm caving in...

Do I want to know why you would want an edible body powder? :lol:

BakingNana said:
I've resisted the urge to ask this, but I'm caving in...

Well Baking Nana...ya see...when a boy and a girl...ur um...let's say your sitting in the bedroom...and you have the urge...um..well...you see...sometimes there is a craving for...hmmmm...how can I explain this...instead of something like a mesage oil...some people just really want...

Maybe some people have a kinky diapering fetish type of thing going on.... :lol:

Just kidding....I have no idea. I don't get it.

BakingNana said:

probably for the same reason that there is lickable lotion!

seriously though you use it like this:
you put it on your body the way that you would any other powder, with a pouf, then when your SO is kissing you or giving you little love bites, your skin tastes slightly sweet and smells really good.:wink:

i wouldn't have put up an explination except when i tried to explain this conversation to my friend, she couldn't get her head around the idea, so i thought maybe others might really be wondering... lol

It is referred to as 'Love Dust' and is intended to please vampires when they nibble on your neck.

1 cup arrowroot powder
1-2 Tbs. vanilla powder (to taste)
1-2 Tbs. honey powder (to taste)

It is sold quite often with a feather applicator. :wink:

Oh, and I would not suggest using the word edible, I am under the impression that turns your cosmetic into a food which has a whole other FDA requirement system.

soapbuddy said:
You could use glycerin with a flavor oil added. When you blow on it, it warms up. Just a thought.

Is that what's in HotStuff? Just glycerin and flavor? Brilliant!

Love Dust and Hot Stuff...it's never to early to be planning for New Year' Eve and Valentine's Day! :D

Edible Massage Bars

2 oz beeswax
2 oz coconut oil
1 oz cocoa butter
Use flavor oil or flavoring extract - add according to taste

Edible Chocolate Sauce

2 tbsp glycerin
1 tbsp cocoa powder
1 tbsp cocoa butter

For agriffin -

Pudding Finger Paint (momsbudget.com)

1 4-serving pudding mix
1 1/2 cups milk

Mix pudding mix with 1 1/2 cups milk. Use different flavors of pudding for different colors of paint. (Vanilla may be tinted with food coloring.) :wink:

Latest posts

Back