Facial Cleanser for mature sensitive skin?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I started using a recipe from Humblebee and Me for face wash and it's been fantastic. And I still have a bit of those oils and moisturizers left (I'm going to buy more when I run out since they have oils I don't normally use). I haven't had an itchy spot or pimple since.

I find coconut oil to be too oily for me. If oily is the right word.
Can you post the Humblebee face wash link? I'd be interested in trying it. Thanks.

I developed Rosacea 2 years ago at age 53! I thought I was having acne breakouts or allergic reactions. They are painful at times.
The dermatologist confirmed and gave me prescription cream that doesnt seem to help.
I do use coconut oil and that helps me.
I wish I could find a makeup that doesnt irritate an already aggravating situation!
B/c of allergies to preservatives, I've been using mineral pigments mixed with my moisturizer for concealer, blush and eyeshadow. A little goes a long way and some of the powders I've had for years now. I wonder if this could work for your skin?

You are right - I have not tried that one! I just checked two different sites for it; neither ships to the US. :(
I buy EltaMD for my daughter who gets breakouts and she likes it.

That is definitely one of the better ones for me, too, along with Rodan + Fields Daily Mineral Sunscreen. They both still clog my pores terribly, but the breakouts aren't as quick or horrific as they are with many others that cause cystic acne for me (and which I never have otherwise).

That is definitely one of the better ones for me, too, along with Rodan + Fields Daily Mineral Sunscreen. They both still clog my pores terribly, but the breakouts aren't as quick or horrific as they are with many others that cause cystic acne for me (and which I never have otherwise).
That sucks! and good to have another rec for her if that stops working, thanks! I never had to deal with the major breakouts like my daughter does and I feel so sorry for her sometimes. I have to wear hats and long sleeves in the sun tho b/c most sunscreens bring on eczema with me! It's always something! 🤷🏻‍♀️

You are right - I have not tried that one! I just checked two different sites for it; neither ships to the US. :(
We also have it available from chemists and supermarkets, so I wait until it's on sale and buy then. My health fund pays the cost of the sunscreen, so I get it back. I suppose because we have the highest rate of skin cancer in the world. I'm not sure how much it would cost in postage to the US as we have high postage costs here.

https://www.humblebeeandme.com/gentle-low-lather-face-cleanser/

Hope that helps. I did increase the amount of sci by roughly twice the amount. I prefer more bubbles but it cleans well without it and doesn't leave my skin feeling oily, sticky, or anything.
Thanks for sharing your experience with upping the SCI. I love this cleanser, as well, and am almost out of it. I will probably try increasing the SCI for my next batch. It cleans just fine without them, but a bubble boost would be nice.

I may also lower the glycerin per her recipe notes indicating that another formulator used far less of it. I have a fair amount of glycerin on hand, but with the high prices of all ingredients these days, it's nice to use less when possible.

Thanks for sharing your experience with upping the SCI. I love this cleanser, as well, and am almost out of it. I will probably try increasing the SCI for my next batch. It cleans just fine without them, but a bubble boost would be nice.

I may also lower the glycerin per her recipe notes indicating that another formulator used far less of it. I have a fair amount of glycerin on hand, but with the high prices of all ingredients these days, it's nice to use less when possible.
This is going to sound weird but you can get 16 oz of glycerin at Hobby Lobby for $7. Not sure if that's a deal where you are but I can't find anywhere cheaper. Hard to believe Hobby Lobby would be cheaper for anything honestly. They carry Makesy. I just bought some yesterday.

B/c of allergies to preservatives, I've been using mineral pigments mixed with my moisturizer for concealer, blush and eyeshadow. A little goes a long way and some of the powders I've had for years now. I wonder if this could work for your skin?

Thank you for suggesting... I have tried Bare Minerals makeup. But, I bet making my own would be more beneficial!

Back