Cold process soaping temperature

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tmwmo5

Reaction score
Cold process …..What temperature do you generally soap at? I’m struggling with speeding trace and I really want to do some really nice designs.. I have tried heat transfer method and soaping at room temp.. any advise would be welcomed 😁

I use 60% hard oils/butters to 40% liquid oils: coconut, palm, cocoa and Shea , olive pomace and castor I master batch lye and oils then don’t reheat either one I don’t even stick blend think I’m going to try heating oils and see if this makes a difference

Pomace, palm and castor are all accelerators from what I hear. And with 60% hard oils you wouldn't want to soap to cool. Have you tried changing your water content?
38% water is what I’m currently using might try this at 30% as I know more water can sometimes increase trace speed

My recipes typically have 60-65% hard oils and I like to soap between 85F (lowest) and 95F. Depending on what I want to do, I will soap up to 110F for a simple swirl or one color soap.

Latest posts

Back