What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Aaah, that's the thing! I did not recognize the brand/label.
Gotta confess I went down the rabbit hole for a quick visit myself. Yep, the site is under-whelming. Yep, the products are pricey. The soap bars are 10 ounces, way too big for me, but if you think of it as two 5 ounce bars, it's not so bad - hah! This is from their website: " Crafting a multisensory kaleidoscope of colour, scent and emotion, inspired by nature. LOEWE Perfumes has created a number of iconic fragrances not only for men and for women but also for their homes. Combining LOEWE's signature artisanal ethos with inspirations from nature, LOEWE Perfumes perfumers create vibrant and innovative scents infused with human emotion." *eye roll* I noticed that even though they sell other fragances, they don't sell the tomato leaves...

Gotta confess I went down the rabbit hole for a quick visit myself. Yep, the site is under-whelming. Yep, the products are pricey. The soap bars are 10 ounces, way too big for me, but if you think of it as two 5 ounce bars, it's not so bad - hah! This is from their website: " Crafting a multisensory kaleidoscope of colour, scent and emotion, inspired by nature. LOEWE Perfumes has created a number of iconic fragrances not only for men and for women but also for their homes. Combining LOEWE's signature artisanal ethos with inspirations from nature, LOEWE Perfumes perfumers create vibrant and innovative scents infused with human emotion." *eye roll* I noticed that even though they sell other fragances, they don't sell the tomato leaves...
Probably because it wasn't very inspirational 😆
They really do go over the top with making everything "an experience"!

Last edited:
Please do! Pull up your sleeves and join us.😁 3 bushels down, 10 to go. I heard a rumor that my sister-in-law ordered another 20-bushel bin to split with us next weekend. Sigh. Oh, what I'd give for a bigger house with a bigger kitchen! Make that TWO kitchens, one for regular cooking and one for soaping/canning. I really need a second stove top. All these big pots and canners are so big I can only have two going at a time (they each cover part of another burner), and that slows us WAY down.

Oh, and two dishwashers would be LOVELY!😁
Oh gosh, you’re reminding me of happy days on the farm! How we girls used to sit on the porch with those yellow wire egg baskets full of apples and peel them for hours. Pop batches of them in the freezer for the winter. Grandma would pull them out all winter long and make applesauce and apple pies. Thanks for the smile today!

So recently I've been experimenting with wool and soap. Did some felted soaps and absolutely fell in love.
Here I did different methods.
The 2 bars on the left are completely needle felted.
The 2 bars on the right are mix of wet felting and needle felting.
I decided to go with the right side method. So basically I do wet felt for the red wool and then I needle felt the white spots.
When using a needle felt thruout the whole bar, it gets really pierced. Once you start using the bar, it gets really compact and firm again. But that's a lot of metal going thru a bar of soap. I did get the stainless steel ones, but still. I don't feel it's right.
Doing the wet felt with minimum piercing for the white spots works great. Saves time and effort, and prob the soap as well.
I did different designs and colors before these, but decided to stick with Amanita Muscaria design, as it is a signature sign and product in my shop.
Hope you like it. Tell me what you think. Or share your experience please please. 😁

IMG_20240214_122916.jpg

So recently I've been experimenting with wool and soap. Did some felted soaps and absolutely fell in love.
Here I did different methods.
The 2 bars on the left are completely needle felted.
The 2 bars on the right are mix of wet felting and needle felting.
I decided to go with the right side method. So basically I do wet felt for the red wool and then I needle felt the white spots.
When using a needle felt thruout the whole bar, it gets really pierced. Once you start using the bar, it gets really compact and firm again. But that's a lot of metal going thru a bar of soap. I did get the stainless steel ones, but still. I don't feel it's right.
Doing the wet felt with minimum piercing for the white spots works great. Saves time and effort, and prob the soap as well.
I did different designs and colors before these, but decided to stick with Amanita Muscaria design, as it is a signature sign and product in my shop.
Hope you like it. Tell me what you think. Or share your experience please please. 😁

View attachment 79143
So, wait . . . That's actual soap? That you use to wash yoself?! Or is it a decorational item that looks like soap?

We need an eye roll emoticon for these guys. 🙄

I found another soap on Neiman Marcus for $110. You can read more under the side bar, click “details”. Double 🙄🙄 My eyes rolled back so hard I could see my own brain. But hey, who am I to tell someone how to price their products? They’re obviously doing very well, so kudos I guess. Also I am inspired by them to try making tomato soap. 🤷‍♀️

@Phantomina that is amazing!

I saw something similar at a Ren faire demonstration a few years ago. When I went this year they weren't there so I'd love more details! Apparently something like this is what the vikings used to do to their soap or at least that's what the demo people said. I haven't done too much research into it!
Yes, it was used 'back in the days'. People used to work with wool more back then. So felted soap was really common.
Here housewives used to make felted soaps also to put in the closets to make the clothes smell good.

Today Loofah is being really trendy.

There is a thread about that! Now I’m down the rabbit hole. Can’t help but think how much my Viking son would love this! Thanks @Phantomina !
The making of it is actually really kid friendly. He can make his own design for the base layer and then you could needle felt an image of whatever on top of that. Maybe you can make some small soaps with runes felted on them. That would be really cool. 🤯

The making of it is actually really kid friendly. He can make his own design for the base layer and then you could needle felt an image of whatever on top of that. Maybe you can make some small soaps with runes felted on them. That would be really cool. 🤯
Oh he’s 23 😁 He’s a wonderful son and loves to come visit and cook with his momma. I’ll tuck that away for grandchildren someday. ❤️

Yes, it was used 'back in the days'. People used to work with wool more back then. So felted soap was really common.
Here housewives used to make felted soaps also to put in the closets to make the clothes smell good.

Today Loofah is being really trendy.
I've seen soap in wool pouches and crochet pouches, and they are stitched closed around the soap ~ I just hadn't seen one felted 😍

Back