What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I made my challenge soap! It was definitely a challenge, but I learned so many great lessons I wouldn't have learned otherwise.
I used the opportunity to try a new recipe, too. High lard might not have been the best way to go when looking for a thicker trace. I stickblended for what felt like an eternity!

I made my challenge soap! It was definitely a challenge, but I learned so many great lessons I wouldn't have learned otherwise.
I used the opportunity to try a new recipe, too. High lard might not have been the best way to go when looking for a thicker trace. I stickblended for what felt like an eternity!
How was the new stick blender?

Interesting ~ so maybe it's the red algae? I mean, how do you justify a $65 price tag??? My husband saw a bar of soap for $11 and said if people can sell theirs for that much, I should be able to sell mine too! 😄 But $65 ?!?!?
I think the phrase “what the buyer will accept” might be apropos? If the site is cool and it’s been celebrity endorsed or some such nonsense, maybe that justifies the price to some people. And most people don’t know what’s in it, or to it. So it’s worth it. I wouldn’t, sell it for that price. But I also have a question. How big was the bar? There are manufactures that make these huge bars of soap. That can’t possibly hold in one hand. And they cost 50 bucks.

I think the phrase “what the buyer will accept” might be apropos? If the site is cool and it’s been celebrity endorsed or some such nonsense, maybe that justifies the price to some people. And most people don’t know what’s in it, or to it. So it’s worth it. I wouldn’t, sell it for that price. But I also have a question. How big was the bar? There are manufactures that make these huge bars of soap. That can’t possibly hold in one hand. And they cost 50 bucks.
It said 290 grams so that should be around 9+ ounces, so a double bar kind of, I guess ~ is the average around 4-5 ounces?

It said 290 grams so that should be around 9+ ounces, so a double bar kind of, I guess ~ is the average around 4-5 ounces?
Still doesn’t justify that much. But I bet the website was pretty! And it had videos and all kinds of wonderful marketing. And the taxonomy used was very professional. If that’s the case, that would justify the $65 price tag 😱

Still doesn’t justify that much. But I bet the website was pretty! And it had videos and all kinds of wonderful marketing. And the taxonomy used was very professional. If that’s the case, that would justify the $65 price tag 😱
To be honest, I was so under-impressed by the soap page, which was as plain as plain could be (plain white, 5 basic pictures of the soap, and a tiny block at the bottom with the $65 price tag), and a simple description that I didn't even bother to explore any more of the site. I thought wow, what made that so special?! 🤷🏼‍♀️ Any one of us could do that , for real! 😄

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240923-181527.png
    Screenshot_20240923-181527.png
    448 KB
  • Screenshot_20240923-182000.png
    Screenshot_20240923-182000.png
    272.3 KB
How was the new stick blender?
I cancelled my online order for the Cuisinart because it was just taking too long to ship and I was already on the fence about the lock button feature. So I went out and bought a KitchenAid 2speed at my local Walmart and really like it! Speed 1 is perfect! I hope it lasts.

I cancelled my online order for the Cuisinart because it was just taking too long to ship and I was already on the fence about the lock button feature.
FWIW, I returned a Cuisinart because my arthritic hand just couldn't hold down the lock and regular buttons at the same time. I wish there was a way to disable that not-so-helpful feature because I liked the blender.

Back