What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry, I should have been clearer. :) I used a combination of bottled water and pureed cucumber for the liquid and stick blended powdered milk into my oils before adding the lye liquid.
I was looking at cucumber purée recipes on YouTube yesterday. I think I found one that inspires me. I told my daughter she can come over tomorrow. She wants to make strawberry purée spin swirl soap, so that will be our project! I haven’t done a fresh fruit soap yet, so fingers crossed!

ETA. I don’t have a square soap mold just the loaf. I wonder how a spin swirl might turn out? Is it a dealbreaker?

I wanted to try the spin swirl...
Your spin swirl is so great and the colors are outstanding!

I did a 100% olive oil soap (well 95%, 5% Castor) with some green clay and patchouli eo. yesterday.
My 8y old daughter wanted to cut the bars with the soap cutter today and she was really proud. She mixed the Clay yesterday and weighed out the eo.
It's not fancy but as I am a beginner soap maker thats totally okay!

Attachments

• IMG_20240605_111038.jpg
    IMG_20240605_111038.jpg
    2.7 MB
  • IMG_20240604_180606.jpg
    IMG_20240604_180606.jpg
    2.5 MB
I did a 100% olive oil soap (well 95%, 5% Castor) with some green clay and patchouli eo. yesterday.
My 8y old daughter wanted to cut the bars with the soap cutter today and she was really proud. She mixed the Clay yesterday and weighed out the eo.
It's not fancy but as I am a beginner soap maker thats totally okay!
Very nice looking, and how great that you included your daughter. :)

Yesterday morning, I made cucumber milk soap scented with lavender EO. I used citric acid in this recipe. Can't wait for it to cure to find out how it turned out.
Can't wait to see the pictures!

I was looking at cucumber purée recipes on YouTube yesterday. I think I found one that inspires me. I told my daughter she can come over tomorrow. She wants to make strawberry purée spin swirl soap, so that will be our project! I haven’t done a fresh fruit soap yet, so fingers crossed!

ETA. I don’t have a square soap mold just the loaf. I wonder how a spin swirl might turn out? Is it a dealbreaker?
I think that would work, just don't fill it to the top or you will get splashed.

I am waiting for my second batch ever to harden...going on 48 hours. I can see how addicting this could be though.

when you wash stuff, don;t you just do it right away or is it better to wait?
Wipe the stuff with just oils with paper towel and then clean with detergent whenever. If just lye water, rinse with water immediately, then dish soap whenever. If it has soap batter, wipe with paper towel, wait a day until batter has saponified and then just rinse. For hand blender - immediately after use, blend in soapy water.

Finger's crossed, tell us about your experience after you made your experiment with it! 🥳 I saw a YT Soapmaker just the other day and she was selling smoothie soap bars with different kinds of pureed fruits In combination with apple cider or salt and she is selling them. 😁 So I guess this will definitely work, but I wonder if you can feel a difference between normal soap bars and "smoothie" soap bars.

I think that would work, just don't fill it to the top or you will get splashed.
Yes, yesssssssssss good tip, thank you! @Firefly24

Finger's crossed, tell us about your experience after you made your experiment with it! 🥳 I saw a YT Soapmaker just the other day and she was selling smoothie soap bars with different kinds of pureed fruits In combination with apple cider or salt and she is selling them. 😁 So I guess this will definitely work, but I wonder if you can feel a difference between normal soap bars and "smoothie" soap bars.
@hanesha I saw a YT video similar to that also. I think I'll strain and try to get most of the seeds out, but *some* seeds ok for mild exfoliation? My daughter says she can't make it now, so since it's just lil ole me, I'm not sure how involved I'll get. Maybe I should prep. Yes, I should prep. :nodding: :dance:

Wipe the stuff with just oils with paper towel and then clean with detergent whenever. If just lye water, rinse with water immediately, then dish soap whenever. If it has soap batter, wipe with paper towel, wait a day until batter has saponified and then just rinse. For hand blender - immediately after use, blend in soapy water.
The person you quoted is no longer a member and hasn't been here in 10 yrs.

oops - sorry. There are no dates on the posts that I can see - are there? am I missing something? I was just responding to a post in the "unread" tab
Yes, they all have dates, left hand side above the avatar. Click on new posts under forums, that will give you recent ones.

A lot of what is sold for plants is a mix of neem and other ingredients to cover or at least lessen the smell of straight neem, which smells like a rancid garlic-onion mix to a lot of folks. I personally don't find it that bad, but I do put a strong FO in the neem soaps I make for DH. They are fantastic for not irritating his eczema and psoriasis like so many other soaps tend to do.
My son and one of my exchange students from a long time ago have bad eczema and I have wanted to make a soap for both of them but haven't had time lately because this is major gardening time for us, flower, veggie & herbs so I have been absent from the forum. It's so hot and muggy out today that I am treating myself to an afternoon of cool air! What percentage of Neem oil would you suggest I use per pound of oils? I am going to make a few small batches of soap to find what has the best feel to both of them, I always use goat milk so one problem is solved BUT I HATE the smell of Neem oil, I ask my son to spray our fruit trees because we use it and I start gagging the minute I smell it! I will put mint inside my mask when I use it in soap, hopefully it will help!

Back