What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Salt and Pepper soap?
It's a side by side soap; one side is white with poppy seeds and the other is black with sea salt. They're swirled together. It's proven to be quite popular. I think today's batch will look better than the last batch (attached).

Salt and pepper.jpg

I made MP embeds this morning. If I can shake this lazy feeling then after my hubby leaves for his workout, I'm going to test Crisp Juniper from Nurtures in a new recipe.

It's a side by side soap; one side is white with poppy seeds and the other is black with sea salt. They're swirled together. It's proven to be quite popular. I think today's batch will look better than the last batch (attached).

View attachment 31824
That looks very cool. Thanks for explaining and posting pics!

Busy day today: Did stock inventory, packaged 36 bars of soap, photographed soaps and edited photos, listed a new soap in the store, met with the brewery and got their wholesale order (wahoo!), made the first of the three leg lamp soaps, made some eyeball embeds for my October soap of the month... Still too much left to do today and I have to work at my second job yet.

Attached picture of the leg lamp soap. Used CC Apple Honey Champagne FO. The customer only wants 12 of this soap, so I get to keep the extra 6 for my own stock (those are the bars without the leg lamps).

Attachments

• 20180901_183921.jpg
    20180901_183921.jpg
    55.2 KB
@amd your leg lamp soaps are so cute. A Christmas Story is easily in my top ten movie list, and one of the few I will watch over and over. Congratulations on your order from the brewery. I hope the soaps sell well there and you have a steady business with them.

I cut yesterday's test batches of Satsuma Orange and Crisp Juniper.View attachment 31839
Ohh Misschief! A beer soap sounds wonderful and I just happen to have some beer in the freezer, some Dolce and Gabbana men's type fo and Monday off [emoji16]!

Nice looking soaps, Arianna! I made beer soap a couple of years ago for a local brewery. They were very popular. Now, with Christmas coming way too fast, I figured I should make some for my November markets.

20180902_150354_HDR.jpg

Nice looking soaps, Arianna! I made beer soap a couple of years ago for a local brewery. They were very popular. Now, with Christmas coming way too fast, I figured I should make some for my November markets.

View attachment 31840
Thanks. Yours looks so creamy! I'd love to be able to sell at a market or anywhere lol. I'll get there one day [emoji16].

I couldn't wait until tomorrow to make this lol. It's a Dolce & Gabana Men's Type Beer Soap. It's my first layer soap. A black layer on the bottom, white layer on top. It's also my first time using this FO. It's from Wellington so there wasn't any info about possible discoloration but the way I made it, it won't matter if it does discolor. I haven't been able to post pics to the forum today but hopefully I'll figure out why my pics are too big to post.

I masterbatched a bunch of lye
Tried switching up my favorite recipe by replacing avocado oil for RBO
And attempted a 4 color drop swirl with batter that was setting so quickly from using beer [emoji1] plopped it in proper! Haha at least my colors won’t get all muddied from the batter being too runny [emoji23]

My husband just went out and bought butterfinger and Reese’s peanut butter cup blizzards to appease his hormonal wife, smartest thing he’s done all day!

I haven't been on here in a couple years. Had a lot of rethinking and remaking my goals. I'm just gearing up for Fall and Winter season. Just got my sellers permit and next is the insurance! I'm now with a non-profit that helps victims of domestic violence get their business going. It is really scary and exciting at the same time. Right now I am getting ready to make a Oktoberfest theme soap and a pumpkin soap. I love being back here on the forum. So many amazing and talented people here <3

Back