Vaniglia De Madagascar test batch, added cut pics

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TessC

Reaction score
It's still not ready to be cut and cleaned up yet, this recipe has a ton of OO in it so it takes a while to harden up, but it's unmolded. The color will continue to change for a while I think, this recipe takes a while to really settle down and show its true colors. The top will look a little wet for a day or two more and it almost always looks like a partial gel for the first couple days after it's unmolded....but omg I adore the scent so far. It's a lot deeper and more complex than I initially thought.

DSC05787.jpg

DSC05786.jpg

DSC05783.jpg

Once it's hardened up some and safe to goof around with, I'm going to drybrush some micas on the top and see how that looks, definitely some gold and maybe some coppery mica on the high points.

I have a disease, it's called "can't leave stuff alone-itis", lol. I blotted the top and went ahead with the micas early, and it turned out okay I think:

DSC05790.jpg

DSC05791.jpg

DSC05792.jpg

I love what a little bit of shimmer does for a plain dark soap. Once it's ready to cut I'm going to use my trusty stamp dipped in the same micas.

Sounds wonderful and looks so pretty. I love vanilla smell. Who makes that FO?

It's from Daystar. Other places have their own versions of it (I hear the one from Scent Works is very nice) but I've ever tried any of theirs.

I love the shimmer! I'd love to see some pics of your stamp. Do you have any pics of your other soaps with the stamp?

Nice soap - looks yummy - like the swirls on top - looks like frosting on a cake. What's that you used for your liner?

Gorgeous , the mica is the crowning glory on those awesome swirls. I so want to smell that scent .I have can'tleaveitaloneitis too :D

Kitn

very nice Tess! Those swirls on the top are awesome!

you should make a mold that is shallow, so your beautiful swirls are on the face of the soap, and each bar shows more of it.

you did a wonderful job!

Wow. I adore your soap. The mica works but even if it was left off it would still look beautiful :)

If I end up ordering more of this scent (and I really think I will) I'm going to do a swirl in a slab mold with it. Dunno what color for the swirl yet, I want to see how dark it ends up first.

ETA: Burgundy would be cool, now that I've seen that it comes out almost black.

You inspired me, just order the scent and green irish tweed, Black Vetyver Café from daystar. Am so looking forward to using it.

Thanks for such lovely looking soap pics!!

It's cut, now to wait for it to cure and see how the fragrance holds up. So far it's still an absolutely lovely scent, a "grown up" vanilla.

Pics are from my phone, so less than stellar, but you can see how dark it's gone:

DSC05797.jpg

DSC05798.jpg

Latest posts

Back