Vaniglia De Madagascar test batch, added cut pics

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
tess, i retract what i said earlier about getting more swirl on the bar

that is stellar! very elegant!

Wow...you're right. That part that looked like a partial gel disappeared! Those look gorgeous. I'm really starting to dig the dark soaps...your stamp really stands out so pretty.

That recipe always has the partial gel look, no matter if it's ungelled or if I know for a fact that it fully gelled, and it goes away not too long after being cut. It stays soft for a loooong time, too, the bars are still really fragile and smooshable and will be for a few days still. Once it's had a nice long cure, though.....mmm.

The basic recipe is 60% OO, 25ish% CO and/or PKO, 7% castor, and the rest either shea or cocoa butter or something more exotic like avocado butter or oil, I make minor little changes from batch to batch but that's the gist of it.

That particular batch is 60% OO, 12% CO, 12% PKO, 9% shea, and 7% castor, sf at 9%, also has tussah silk and honey. SoapCalc numbers are Hardness 31 (but it gets rock hard after the long cure), Cleansing 15, Conditioning 65, Bubble and Creamy both at 22, Iodine 64, INS 135.

oh wow Tess, it's really beautiful!

You really make me want to take the time to stamp the soap!

OHHHHH thats so lovely, your swirls look fantastic, I cant do that yet, keep trying but it always ends up looking like mashed potato, the glittery top is so pretty.

Latest posts

Back