The post office

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So, I ordered some of the prepaid mailing boxes from the post office which were stuck for 6 days at a location less than 30 minutes from my house. On the 7th day it was out for delivery that never happened. Then yesterday its status changed to delivered, picked up by recipient. This shocked me because I don't have em.

Go in to the post office and it is immediately obvious that they are having a terrible day. So I mention In passing that they really needed some peanut M&m. They agreed😁

Told them my story and they track it down to another post office where the delivery happened. Promised to give me a call with more info when the carrier is available.

Pleasantries exchanged, I leave, buy some m&ms for me and them. The delivery was met with much joy😁

Oh, and I ordered another set of boxes 🤞🏿😁

Edit: tried to correct my typist

Last edited:
So, I ordered some of the prepaid mailing boxes from the post office which were stuck for 6 days at a location less than 30 minutes from my house. On the 7th day it was out for delivery that never happened. Then yesterday its status changed to delivered, picked up by recipient. This shocked me because I don't have em.

Go in to the post office and it is immediately obvious that they are having a terrible day. So I mention In passing that they really needed some peanut M&m. They agreed😁

Told them my story and they track it down to another post office where the delivery happened. Promised to give me a call with more info when the carrier is available.

Pleasantries exchanged, I leave, buy some m&ms for me and them. The delivery was met with much joy😁

Oh, and I ordered another set of boxes 🤞🏿😁

Edit: tried to correct my typist
M&Ms are amazing! Those PO employees are going to go home and tell their families that Just Some Guy really cares about others. Thank you for going out of your way to show kindness to those who needed it. Too many of us would have been too focused on our own problems to give a second thought to someone else's bad day.

M&Ms are amazing!
Yes they are! Such an inexpensive thing for all the joy you get

Those PO employees are going to go home and tell their families that Just Some Guy really cares about others. Thank you for going out of your way to show kindness to those who needed it. Too many of us would have been too focused on our own problems to give a second thought to someone else's bad day.
Service workers take a lotta crap on the regular. It's nice not to add to it...

I work at my local post office and cuts, closings and changes are happening everywhere in the USPS. The people at my local are working over 50 hours a week and working 6 days a week with it just continuing to get worse. We are trying, we truly are. The majority of us still want to get the right mail and packages to the right people in a timely manner and in good shape. I'm sure those postal clerks truly appreciated your gesture of kindness and really needed it that day. Thank you for understanding.

I work at my local post office and cuts, closings and changes are happening everywhere in the USPS. The people at my local are working over 50 hours a week and working 6 days a week with it just continuing to get worse. We are trying, we truly are. The majority of us still want to get the right mail and packages to the right people in a timely manner and in good shape. I'm sure those postal clerks truly appreciated your gesture of kindness and really needed it that day. Thank you for understanding.
I appreciate all that you all are doing!

Back