The Horrror... Tank Tragedy... Do NOT read if you are...

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hehehe... I'll tell you the same thing I tell my brother... the one who is making my silicon lined molds, the one who is going to re-string my Tank, the one who hauled in over 1,000 lbs. of oils in from my truck... so you know there's love here... depends on the favor. :p

If you want wires, let me try them first and see how they work. If it's a go, I'd be happy to send them to anyone interested. The owner of the music store is a family friend and I may be able to work a discount on a larger order. He gave me a discount today (10% and I only purchased 11 wires.)

it is bob's gift to soapmakers
tank.jpg

http://www.forcraftssake.com/shop/index ... ucts_id=20

UPDATE: Using guitar strings in your tank.

I used 20 and 22 gauge steel guitar strings to replace all the wires that broke in my tank. It works perfectly. The higher the number, the heavier the wire. When mine were measured by the nice man at the music store, they were about 19 gauge. I went with 20 and 22 because he didn't have 11 of the 20 gauge. They work great. I'm hoping that the heavier wire won't be as likely to break. I may even try a 24 if they break again.

I'm glad to hear the guitar strings worked for you. :D

Now the trick is to teach the kids that the Tank is not a musical instrument for playing Christmas songs on. :wink: :D

Latest posts

Back