Sugar Cubes

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It was one 3 oz bar of "disaster soap" to 1/4 cup of sugar and I think I would like it with more sugar. I wanted it to be more crumbly, it is now the consistency of a chewy brownie.

(you can click to make bigger)
it was Pumpkin Bread soap with pumpkin and clove for coloring. I used a little pumpkin mold.

Yup. Recipes.

Anytime now would be just fine.

And more pics.

They look so tasty.

No wine, but lots of chocolate on hand to bide the time . . .

Any thread that throughly discusses sugar cubes and wine is a thread that I want to be a part of! :)

Mayren! Your cubes are amazing! Simply lovely. It's very generous of you to share your process! Can't wait to see how it's done. You do beautiful work!

Mayren,

Thanks so much for posting. Those are beautiful scrubs. I want to try making some, too.

You don't have to apologize for a rush job. I think it was very generous of you to do this and you went to a lot of trouble.

Owww....they look fun.

Can u tell me why u would need to use a preservative??? TY

Mayren said:
You are welcomes

@Soapbuddy - depending on how dry the shreds were... if ancient then i'd add 1/2 part more hard oil or butter if old but not ancient then just the full recipe of 1-2-3 and if looking oily add the 4th part of sugar at the end .

I like that it's free enough to just dump another part of sugar in at the end if needed depending on desired consistency.
Thanks!
I found some ancient shreds, so I thought I would put them to good use.

Those are awesome!

So.. ? about the shreds. Can I take a bar of curing soap and turn that into shreds? What about the sf does that matter. Should it be 0 sf?

What about the Optiphen what is that? Where do you get it and how do you preserve the cubes with it?

Thanks soooo much for sharing. Those are REALLY awesome!

Thank you so so much Mayren! :) I'm going to give this a go. They are just too darn cute!

Those are beautiful! Do you put more sugar on the outside to make them look pretty or does that the way they turn out? These are absolutely stunning! Thank you for the tutorial!

Thanks for sharing this! I have been wanting to make some sugar scrub cubes, but most recipes call for mp, which my skin doesn't like.

Mayren (or anyone), Have you tried this with a straight up hp batch instead of shreads? I was thinking I could add some oils and butters with Vit E after the cook along with the sugar. I would do a 33% lye solution so that there wouldn't be so much extra water left in the soap. What do you think?

I'm taking down some notes for future reference when I'm feeling better cause I have not been feeling well at all lately.

This is such a charming and well done job ! I would not be patient enough to make that ! ... but I feel to try ! Thank you for your explanations.

I bought my mold today at my local craft store $9.00, it's a Wilton and it's blue. Sugar cubes here I come!
Thanks Mayren. Hope mine are half as beautiful as yours.

Wow - fantastic!!!

I'm feeling so inspired now! :D
Looking forward to seeing the upcoming posts from people who try this.
Thanks for posting the tutorial ~

Ta-da!

Some things I learned...even with protective eyewear...keep the melted soap and oil away from your face! Stand away and stir. Sure does give off fumes, at least mine did. If you use a preservative, stay even farther away.

If you use more raw sugar, your color will be more muted. I have raw sugar that is brown that I used, half that and half white sugar.

I think I like the cubes dipped in white sugar when they warm up to room temperature.

The mold was really slick and worked like a charm.

I made 3...this first one is pumpkin spice. I had an autumn fragrance soap that I wasn't too keen about when it cured so I grated it, I added coconut oil orange pop colors and added just plain pumpkin fragrance.

DSC00852-2.jpg

This is lavender eo. The original soap had lavender buds in so you may see little brown specks. Also I may stir my colors into the extra oils I'm stirring in first to make sure they are mixed well.

DSC00851-2.jpg

I also have a plumeria which I don't have a picture of yet.

Thanks again Mayren...this was really fun, I can't wait to try one tomorrow.

Scouter

how big are these cubes? i can't get my head around the dimensions. could you use just an ice cube tray for a mold, making them about a cubic inch? also, are any of you really ramping up the recipe and making more than a pound at a time? i'm feeling more than normally math-challenged today :shock:

mayren, these are really beautiful, thank you so much!!!

Back