Soapmaking Spreadsheet Recipe Tool

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the post above yours has the link. Does it not work?
It was really weird because when I sent my question, there was a different post above it. A little later I went back and the link was there! Thank you for responding!

Hi IanT,

Thanks for the feedback. At some point I'll find time to combine a number of spreadsheets (soap, bath bombs, candles, etc.) that I use. It will be a bit of a task and I need to find the time and enthusiasm for it. :)

If you have any issues with the soap spreadsheet please feel free to ask questions. I'll do what I can to help.

Hi IanT,

Thanks for the feedback. At some point I'll find time to combine a number of spreadsheets (soap, bath bombs, candles, etc.) that I use. It will be a bit of a task and I need to find the time and enthusiasm for it. :)

If you have any issues with the soap spreadsheet please feel free to ask questions. I'll do what I can to help.
Thank you so much!!

Hi Folks,

I've been thinking about doing this for a while but finally found some time. I've integrated a variety of spreadsheets that help me make soaps, wax melts, bath bombs, shower steamers and candles. As with the soaps designer that I shared before, this requires Microsoft Excel and that you are comfortable enabling a macro enabled spreadsheet from a relative stranger (those security warnings can be scary). :)

The soap designer part is well tested and safe (no warranty explicit or implicit of course) as I've compared the outputs with the venerable SoapCalc and they are close to identical. I'm also reasonably sure the melts, bombs, steamers and candles should all work as intended. If there are any issues they will be with the macros/automation, not with the basic functionality. I haven't found any glitches (actually I found loads but I think I've fixed them all now 👍). Feel free to let me know if I've missed something.

The main improvement with this version of the soap designer is that I've added the ability to save up to 10 recipes which can be "loaded" using the macro buttons on the 'Recipe' sheet. The recipes themselves need to be saved on the 'Stored Recipes Sheet' accessible using the 'Stored Recipes' button. Hopefully it should be obvious what to do.

CleanShot 2024-08-23 at 13.12.28.png

Life is a bit hectic currently but I'll do my best to answer any questions as they arise.

Enjoy.

PS. I've no way of telling whether anyone uses this tool unless I receive a message from the downloader. Please feel free to let me know if you try this, find it useful, continue to use it, immediately delete it etc. :cool:

Cheers, Grant

PPS I uploaded this update already as I missed a link in my Oils sheet. Sorry.

Attachments

• Soap Designer 2024 V1.1.xlsm.zip
    5.6 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Back