Snowdrift Farms is closing

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Me too! I ordered 5 items, 11 days ago. For those of you who received your order, did you get a shipping notice or did it just show up?

With a 50% discount, I bet they are buried filling orders. I am going to be patient in hopes they still have what I ordered when they get around to filling the order.

It's been a few more days, so I thought I'd bump this again. Has anybody received shipping notices? For anyone who has already received their order, did you get a shipping notice first? I know they are probably really swamped, and don't want to bug them, but it's been two weeks since I made my order with no communication at all. :(

SoapyD said:
It's been a few more days, so I thought I'd bump this again. Has anybody received shipping notices? For anyone who has already received their order, did you get a shipping notice first? I know they are probably really swamped, and don't want to bug them, but it's been two weeks since I made my order with no communication at all. :(
No, still nothing for me and almost three weeks. No reply either to my email :-/

I just recieved this e-mail from Snowdrift Farms yesterday:

Greetings!
Due to the immense response to our sale, our inventory has been depleted ending the sale. We have many orders to ship and it will take us a while to get them all out. We received over 1 months worth of orders on the first day of the sale. The demand for the Beurres was immense and these are in production now.

All of the orders should be shipped prior to the end of next week.

Parcel post orders will take 2+ weeks for delivery by USPS after they are shipped. We also have received many email inquiries. Please be patient while we take care of these matters.

You may cancel your order if you do not wish to wait for us to organize its delivery. No order cancellation is possible once the product has been shipped.

I am very sad that we are unable to continue. We would like to thank everyone for their support over the years.

Bill

IrishLass :)

IrishLass said:
I just recieved this e-mail from Snowdrift Farms yesterday:

Greetings!
Due to the immense response to our sale, our inventory has been depleted ending the sale. We have many orders to ship and it will take us a while to get them all out. We received over 1 months worth of orders on the first day of the sale. The demand for the Beurres was immense and these are in production now.

All of the orders should be shipped prior to the end of next week.

Parcel post orders will take 2+ weeks for delivery by USPS after they are shipped. We also have received many email inquiries. Please be patient while we take care of these matters.

You may cancel your order if you do not wish to wait for us to organize its delivery. No order cancellation is possible once the product has been shipped.

I am very sad that we are unable to continue. We would like to thank everyone for their support over the years.

Bill

IrishLass :)
Thanks so much for the update!

so much for hoping to get my order in time for the holidays :( oh well, i have more than plenty to do without it, will just look forward to it in some down time after xmas. wow, sounds like they are more than swamped, update most appreciated, glad someone finally heard something!

I am not sure if I should cancel or not. I want what I ordered, I am just afraid it will all be gone by the time they get to my order. I don't want to pay all that shipping for one or two things.

I received my order today. I got 7 out of 12 of the items I ordered. There is an amount listed that shows my credit due.

I placed an order on Dec. 3rd. I received a payment confirmation and that was it. Thank you Irish Lass for sharing the email you received. I was beginning to worry.
I'd swear I 'd seen something on the website that they would try to get most of the orders out the week of Dec 19th.

Snowdrift farms order status

I placed an order for dendritic salts back on October 16th and I never received the product. I wrote in the comments section if there would be any delay in shipping to not process the order b/c I needed it within ten days. My card was charged and I received an order confirmation. I had no idea Trina was ill or that the business was in trouble. I repeatedly emailed (11 times!) inquiring about my tracking number and order status, with no response. I have left nine voicemails over the past eight weeks, with no response (the Customer Service extension as well as the Shipping extension). I last sent a pretty angry email, again, not knowing about Trina's condition or what was going on. I have never had trouble with Snowdrift Farms in the past so was quite surprised. I had planned to stop payment on my credit card, but have not proceeded with any action. I even threatened to contact the BBB (I feel bad about that now). I think I will wait and see how everything washes out in the end. I certainly don't need the salts anymore (they were for holiday gifts) but perhaps my card will be credited in the end. I'm sure Bill has a lot to deal with and I feel terrible that poor management decisions (like not shipping products out or responding to customers) have caused him to lose the business. But as someone else mentioned, it was Trina's "baby", so probably this is all happening as it should.

Snowdrift farms order status

I see that Trina passed away in March of 2010. I hadn't ordered from Snowdrift Farms in several years since I gave up my soapmaking business, so I was out of the loop. Perhaps business/customer service issues have been common since then but I was not aware of the change.

Ordered Dec 5 and still haven't received my order

Hi all,

I haven't been around for a while but thought I would add to the conversation. I put in a $400 order on Dec 5. I haven't heard anything or seen any refund or shipping notice. I have tried to call repeatedly and send emails with no response.

What do I do now?

my order was placed dec 2 and no word of any sort. i'm going to wait a few more days and then may take the unwanted step of initiating a dispute with paypal. maybe paypal can lean where we've had no response. hate to do it, but this is getting worrisome...

Re: Ordered Dec 5 and still haven't received my order

johnsonlisa said:
Hi all,

I haven't been around for a while but thought I would add to the conversation. I put in a $400 order on Dec 5. I haven't heard anything or seen any refund or shipping notice. I have tried to call repeatedly and send emails with no response.

What do I do now?

paillo said:
my order was placed dec 2 and no word of any sort. i'm going to wait a few more days and then may take the unwanted step of initiating a dispute with paypal. maybe paypal can lean where we've had no response. hate to do it, but this is getting worrisome...

I am in the same boat. All emails go unanswered. All my emails have been very kind and understanding, given his situation. But this is getting a little frustrating. Paypal dispute is a good idea though I hope to not have to do that.

Snowdrift

Hi all,

I posted on this and the Dish hoping someone might have some direction! I placed an order on December 2 and again on Dec 5. I received confirmation of both orders. I wrote Bill the first time on Dec 8th and have been regularly calling and emailing since. I received all of the standard emails about refunds being issued (including the Dec 26 email). I have even faxed him since the phone no longer has an answering machine so that I could leave a message.

I used a B of A debit card so I called the bank and have 60 days to file a claim. I keep reading that in some cases, in other situations, people waited to long to file and were out money? Since I have never purchased in a liquidation situation, is it possible to lose the money if paying with a debit card? Moreover, if I file a claim, does that cancel my original orders automatically. Like most people, I would rather get the items than the refund.

Any advice for someone who paid with a debit card?

Lisa

I placed my order on 12/5 and received it over two weeks ago. I am owed a credit of over half of what I ordered and used a pre-paid debit card, so I am out, no way to dispute it.

johnsonlisa - as far as on a debit card, it is up to the individual company. You should give them a call. I have had to dispute through mine, which was a small credit union. I think if it wasnt a valid dispute, I paid $10 for their research time. Personally, where it has been said all orders were shipped, and you are getting no contact, I would take action before you run out of time.

I am only using my VISA on-line now, so I can dispute things. This definitely taught me a lesson. :roll:

I ordered from December 3rd and have not hear from Snow drift farms as to whether my items have shipped or not. :( I would prefer to get the items, but my money would be nice.

I ordered Dec 2. I'd much rather have the items I ordered but I will dispute it if they don't arrive soon. I feel sorry for Bill but he should either ship the items or refund the money. Snowdrift was an operating business at the time he sent out the email about the closing sale. He should honor his committments for orders or cut his losses.

Back