SMF September 2024 Challenge - Feathered Mantra Swirl

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know the challenge is over, but...I thought I would share this since I shared my failed attempts and have been so baffled by this particular challenge. Early yesterday I made a batch of soap, poured the colors back into the main pot in the stacked circle pattern from one of the videos. I poured that into the loaf mold and as an after thought decided to run the handle end of my wooden spoon through the batter as we had done in the feathered mantra swirl. Just a bit ago, I unmolded the loaf and cut the first 6 bars like I normally would.
WildCranberryAndAspen 2.1.jpg

Then I got to wondering what it would look like with the horizontal cut.....so I turned the last chunk of the loaf over for that cut - :) .... the closest thing I got to the feathered mantra swirl yet. It's not quite there, BUT I really like the way it looks. :) Thank you @Mobjack Bay for the challenge! My brain is stretching.....
WildCranberryAndAspen 2.jpg

I know the challenge is over, but...I thought I would share this since I shared my failed attempts and have been so baffled by this particular challenge. Early yesterday I made a batch of soap, poured the colors back into the main pot in the stacked circle pattern from one of the videos. I poured that into the loaf mold and as an after thought decided to run the handle end of my wooden spoon through the batter as we had done in the feathered mantra swirl. Just a bit ago, I unmolded the loaf and cut the first 6 bars like I normally would.
View attachment 79192
Then I got to wondering what it would look like with the horizontal cut.....so I turned the last chunk of the loaf over for that cut - :) .... the closest thing I got to the feathered mantra swirl yet. It's not quite there, BUT I really like the way it looks. :) Thank you @Mobjack Bay for the challenge! My brain is stretching.....
View attachment 79193
Oh my land, both those cuts are beautiful! I really like your colors, too. I've only got 5 bushels of apples left to process - hoping to get 3 done today - and then.... We're getting more!🤣 Soapmaking has been calling me. I can't wait to get a bunch made for Christmas gifts!

Oh my land, both those cuts are beautiful! I really like your colors, too. I've only got 5 bushels of apples left to process - hoping to get 3 done today - and then.... We're getting more!🤣 Soapmaking has been calling me. I can't wait to get a bunch made for Christmas gifts!
Thank you! I have to be honest, I have been really jealous of your apple wealth!!

Back