Slowing down trace

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
oK soap friends, I slowed down the trace by using lard, olive oil, and rice bran oil and mixed the lye water with the oils at about 80 degrees. My soap is in the mold. It's been about 8 hours and I never felt the heat emitting from the gel phase and the soap still feels very soft. Is this normal from not using palm oil and mixing at a much lower temp?:?

rebatching soap

Here is my problem: I made a batch of soap that turned out very dry and almost brittle. I must have forgotten to add one of the oils for it to turn out this way. So I wanted to shave the bars and melt them down to rebatch. How would I know what to add to it to "oil it up" a bit so it drys as it should? I don't know what I might have forgotten to know how much oil it needs. What would you do?

Personally, if you don't know which oil you left out or how much it's would be very difficult to rebatch it. I would just throw it out and mark it up to a learning experience. I always check off my ingredients as I go. Someone else may come along and know a way to possibly save it. Sorry that happened to you.

Latest posts

Back