Slipcover...

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@Mobjack Bay, I did something like that a while ago. Maybe a little late, but I suggest you to sew in the zippers that will go from top to bottom of back side seams of the sofa. That way you can make the slipcover fit very tight and when it is time to wash - will not have a problem to remove it. With zippers it doesn't look like a slipcover, more like newly upholstered sofa.
I am rooting for you too, it is quite job to make it look professionally done.

@BDab thanks and will do!

@natik - thanks. You can't tell from the photos, but I put the zipper at the other end of this first cover. I went for a fairly close fit, but not skin tight because I only washed the fabric once and I'm a little worried about a bit more shrinkage.

One thing for sure is that I am getting slower with age. I’m using my dining table as a sewing table which means that the only place I have to lay out and cut large pieces of fabric is on the floor. My knees ain’t what they used to be!

I only managed to make one cushion cover today, but have the fabric cut for the other three for this section. I still need to go back in and round the corners on this one cover to account for the softer contours of the cushion corners.

IMG_1160.jpeg

Latest posts

Back