Slipcover...

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
With this section done, I am approaching the finish line, woohoo! The corner section is half the size of these arm units, armless and has three cushions instead of four.

It’s at least as challenging to photograph a solid cotton slipcover as it is to photograph soap. Section 2!

IMG_4937.jpeg

With this section done, I am approaching the finish line, woohoo! The corner section is half the size of these arm units, armless and has three cushions instead of four.

It’s at least as challenging to photograph a solid cotton slipcover as it is to photograph soap. Section 2!

View attachment 78522
Congratulations! What an impressive project! Looks great!

Thanks, everyone, for checking in and for the positive feedback, which is really helping me to stay motivated. 😘

I spent a good part of yesterday fitting and sewing — enough to finish the cover for the corner section. Yay! All that’s left now is the three cushions for that section and two arm covers. It will be a bit of a push, but I’m hoping to get the cushions done this week, in time for having friends over next Sunday. Plus, I need to finish so I can get back to making soap!!!

Just beautiful! 😍

Our primary livingroom color is navy blue, so you have motivated me to get off my duff and redo our two armchairs. Since I can barely sew on a button, I'll be painting the existing fabric using the Amy Howard At Home technique. A friend did hers it this way, and they turned out incredibly well. Of course, I have zero illusions that my chairs will look anywhere as nice as your couch or her chairs! 😄

Last edited:
@AliOop Her technique and results look good. I don't think I ever came across the fabric softener approach when I considered painting a wing chair that resides in my living room, but that was well before covid. I decided against it for various reasons, but I'm sure it could work for many situations.

@AliOop Her technique and results look good. I don't think I ever came across the fabric softener approach when I considered painting a wing chair that resides in my living room, but that was well before covid. I decided against it for various reasons, but I'm sure it could work for many situations.
I had dismissed it for a long time because the FO in fabric softeners = instant migraine for me. But I found a fragrance-free version. Now I just need to get the paint. I've previously painted some lampshades with a navy that I mixed from cheap blue and black acrylic paints from the Dollar Store, and loved how they turned out. I don't think that would be cost-effective for projects this size, so I need to break down and buy real paint.

Anyway, sorry to hijack your thread, but I really am motivated by seeing how great yours looks. Thanks for sharing it!

Back