Shaving Cream Not Foaming Up

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Prerna

Reaction score
Hello, ive been trying to create a perfect foaming shaving cream, in my 1 st attempt - 11% Cocamidopropyl Betaine (CAPB), 11% Decyl Glucoside, 5% SCI powder form in 50% water phase along with water, glycerine, tween 80, and in oil phase I added 4% Olivem 1000 , Cetyl alcohol - 5%, Stearic acid 6% and oils + butter 5% - this formulation was flat with no foam.

Later I tweaked % of CAPB and Decyl glucoside still no foam.

Then in my 3rd attempt i used only Decyl glucoside - very very little foam.

Can anyone who has created shaving cream successfully kindly guide me on perfecting my formulation - I need a moisturizing and smooth shaving cream with foam lather.
Thanks a ton!

The fatty alcohols are killing the foam. Remove Cetyl alcohol, Stearic acid and Olivem 1000 and the butters. If you want to make foaming shaving soap with Stearic acid and the butters, you will need lye.

The fatty alcohols are killing the foam. Remove Cetyl alcohol, Stearic acid and Olivem 1000 and the butters. If you want to make foaming shaving soap with Stearic acid and the butters, you will need lye.
Thank you.
Thanks a ton. This is so wonderful, I'm getting excited sitting on my couch and going through the formulation. Sending you good vibes. Grateful for the help. :)

Latest posts

Back