I need Help Please

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Queen Bee's

Reaction score
My soap seized up. I make a tallow soap and for some reason it seized up after I added my fregrance oils. I have not had this happen before. I tried wrapping it in a towel like someone sugested, I waited 10-15 minutes and stired it, then I was to pour it into the molds but it did not work. Its getting hard, so I put about .3 oz of distilled water in the bottom of my crock pot (turneod on low) and added the soap hoping it would remelt. Can someone please help me. Thank you

Attachments

• IMG_2879.jpeg
    IMG_2879.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 0
So sorry this happened to you! Fragrance oils are famous for causing soap to accelerate and seize. Did you happen to check the reviews on the particular fragrance that you used, to see how it behaves in CP soap? Many of the fragrances sold on Amazon and most of the ones in hobby stores are only suitable for M&P.

Anyway, it sounds like you have done all the right things. If it still doesn't soften up in the heat of the crockpot, you may want to take it out and chop it up or grate it into smaller pieces. Then you can rebatch it, either in the crockpot or the oven. If you search "oven rebatch" here on SMF you will find the posts that detail the process.

So sorry this happened to you! Fragrance oils are famous for causing soap to accelerate and seize. Did you happen to check the reviews on the particular fragrance that you used, to see how it behaves in CP soap? Many of the fragrances sold on Amazon and most of the ones in hobby stores are only suitable for M&P.

Anyway, it sounds like you have done all the right things. If it still doesn't soften up in the heat of the crockpot, you may want to take it out and chop it up or grate it into smaller pieces. Then you can rebatch it, either in the crockpot or the oven. If you search "oven rebatch" here on SMF you will find the posts that detail the process.
Thank you. I will look into it today.

Latest posts

Back