Recipe To Remove Kitchen Odors?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kim1234

Reaction score
Another newby question if I may.

What would you recommend as a recipe for a kitchen hand soap that would remove kitchen smells such as garlic, onion, fish, etc.

Thanks for the feedback.

Coffee.

If you soap with coffee as liquid it will smell vile when the lye hits it and it won't impart any scent to your finished bars. But it's said to neutralize odors. I use very fine (espresso grind) coffee in my kitchen soap.

Lemongrass is also nice.

Some people seem to have success with steel soap ...

Personally, I find that when the hands are clean, there are no odors left behind that you need to cover.

I've washed my hands thoroughly after cutting garlic only to still be able to smell it hours later. Maybe some people just absorb odors worse than others or something, but when I use my coffee soap it really does eliminate strong odors such as onion and garlic. Like Judymoody, I use super strong coffee in place of the water then add grounds at trace. So you get a bar that's not only a natural deodorizer, but a great scrub. :D

I second the coffee I make mine all the time for men that work in.cars. helps with the oil and engine grease smell also. My husband says it is better than tomorrow. I make coffee with distilled water and in a coffee press then out it in the fridge till cold or I am ready to Soap then weigh it. Add water if need be and save my grounds and add at trade. I also add coco it really is a great soap.

Latest posts

Back