Re-melt conditioner bar?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Helle

Reaction score
Hi all,
My first post here. I'm new to making my own soaps and conditioners. I made a conditioner bar that is way to greasy for my hair, and after comparing the recipe i followed to other conditioner bar recipies I found it has almost the double amount of butters and oils. So my question is: can I melt the finished product and add more BTMS and e-wax. I understand i need to re-apply the heat sensitive ingredients such as scent and preservative. But will it work at all or should I just use it as a body bar instead?
The recipe is basically

Cocoa Butter 30%
BTMS 25 30%
Cetyl Alcohol 10%
Almond oil 10%

Honeyquat or Glycerin 10%
Panthenol 5%
Silk protein 5%
preservative
Scent

Yes, you can remelt. You only need to add more preservative if you exceed the max temperature for that when you remelt. :)
Thank you! I remelted today and added much more BTMS and Cetyl Alcohol, and it is firming up much better. I will test it tomorrow, I'm sure it is much lighter on the hair now :)

Thanks again
It is PERFECT now :)
I' doubled the amount of BTMS 25 and tripled the amount of Cetyl Alcohol, I also added Candelia wax to make a harder bar, and now it is just like I want it for my hair type witch is rather fine.
Note to self: make sure to check the hair type a recipe is designed for

Latest posts

Back