Puppy Breath fragrance oil?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
It sounds disgusting to me, but my husband's boss's wife LOVES the smell of puppy breath! While I only use essential oils for scent, I thought it would be funny to make an exception and make her a special little batch of puppy breath soap (while holding my breath...). Does such a thing as puppy breath fragrance oil even exist? If so, does anyone know where I could get some? I have found it in one place, but it was specifically for use in candles, so I have no idea if it would survive in CP soap. Am I completely nuts for even thinking of doing this?! If I can't find puppy breath, maybe I'll just make her a nice minty mouthwash scented soap!

Now THAT's something you don't come across every day 😂

I don't know if that exists, but if there's a demand for it, someone will eventually come up with a realised product. I mean, I think you can purchase fragrance of cigarette smoke - pretty sure it's used for pranks mostly, but there are also people who more or less like the smell. So go figure...

Probably something that resembles dog food?

Your friend’s wife is not the only one who loves the smell of puppy breath @ackosel. If anyone ever comes up with a fragrance that matches it, I know lots of people who would want it! Unfortunately, 50% of the smell of puppy breath is the sweet little wiggly thing behind it. I don’t think you can replicate that in soap or lotion.

Wet socks, thank me later!

Just kidding - I don't have a dog so no matter how much I try, I can't remember what puppy breath smells like.

Nothing is impossible, scientists will sooner or later extract the essential oil of that wiggly thing you mentioned. They are unscrupulous - we all know they use puppy noses in PlayStation controllers, so...

Latest posts

Back