Paper labels question

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maia

Reaction score
Hello All! I'm new here and enjoying looking around at everything. So much great information. I'm sure this has been discussed but I didn't find this exact question so I'll give it a go!

I have my labels template ready to be printed. I'm using wrap around bands (three labels per sheet of paper). I need to find someplace that can not only print these out but cut them as well.

My question is, what is the best sort of paper to use for cold process bars? Heavy stock? I don't want the soap to 'bleed' through on the paper but not sure how heavy a stock I can use when it comes to printing.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

I work in a print shop; any print shop should be able to print and cut your labels for you. I shrink wrap my bars so I can't advise on the weight of the stock you'd want to use but I have soapmaking customers who prefer lighter card stock - 65 lb or 80 lb. card. Any heavier than that, and the stock might crack at the folds.

I work in a print shop; any print shop should be able to print and cut your labels for you. I shrink wrap my bars so I can't advise on the weight of the stock you'd want to use but I have soapmaking customers who prefer lighter card stock - 65 lb or 80 lb. card. Any heavier than that, and the stock might crack at the folds.
Thank you, this is very helpful!

I don’t like card stock myself for my soap labels if I have to use a cigar band style. For my paper labels, I love a heavier paper like a 40-60#, which is much heavier than regular printer paper. I print my own on my HP laser.

Latest posts

Back