Packaging & Shipping

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

miaow

Reaction score
Hey guys,
I'm not happy with the appearance of my soap shipping methods. How do you guys keep it classy without high prices or compromising the quality of the products?
For example: right now if I use a flat rate box, I wrap soap bars in tissue paper to insulate and drop a business card inside. It works and it's economical, but I'd rather step it up to something a little more elegant.
Am I making any sense? Please post some pics ladies, my brain is tired of worrying about this!!
Thanks so much :D

If I'm not filling the flat rate box, I like to wrap the order in brown paper and tie it up with twine.

I also never print my shipping labels on white paper, I only use colored paper and attach it to the box with good old fashioned glue.

I place a logo sticker on the outside of the box, that way when they instantly know what is inside & can't wait to rip it open. You can also place a logo sticker on the tissue you wrap the soap bar(s) in.

Do you have 1 special color/print of tissue paper you use everytime? You can get reams of it at places like nashvillewraps. That way it can be part of your marketing and you can use the same color/pattern each time. It will help to 'brand' you.

I got 400 sheets of tissue at costco for $5. I usually like to get 100% recycled colored stuff but this was too good a deal to pass up. I feel like such an idiot because locally there are people who want to buy my products but my standards for myself are so high I'm afraid to sell anything.

miaow said:
I got 400 sheets of tissue at costco for $5. I usually like to get 100% recycled colored stuff but this was too good a deal to pass up. I feel like such an idiot because locally there are people who want to buy my products but my standards for myself are so high I'm afraid to sell anything.

boooy do i know that feeling lol been at it for like 3 yrs almost now (i think?) and Im still not feeling ready to sell lol

IanT said:
miaow said:

boooy do i know that feeling lol been at it for like 3 yrs almost now (i think?) and Im still not feeling ready to sell lol
I've been making it for 5 years but only trying(not very hard) to sell it for a few months.. How do you conquer the fear?

miaow said:
IanT said:
miaow said:

I've been making it for 5 years but only trying(not very hard) to sell it for a few months.. How do you conquer the fear?

I don't think I'll ever get over the fear. Some days it's really hard to plow ahead; I get so intimidated.

I've fussed and fussed over packaging, too. I wrap like-kinds in tissue and tie a paper raffia ribbon. I snip the ribbon about an inch and a half from the knot and splay the paper open to form a bow shape. I use plain tissue for the items that were ordered, and a patterned tissue to wrap the "freebie" and thank-you note I send with every order. I just use recycled packing peanuts and flat rate boxes. I love the idea of putting your logo on the outside of the box! For in-town orders we deliver, I just use tissue and gift bags. Nothing especially exciting.

Back