Opinions on size for my bath bomb labels?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Currently my sales tags are tied individually to each bath bomb. One side is my logo, the name of the fragrance, and the weight. The other side is the ingredients and warnings. They are 2"x3.5". Frankly, they are about the size of all my bath bombs. I'm feeling they're distracting from the bomb itself because they're so large but I don't know what size would be better. I still want them to be readable. What do you think? Tags in the major stores are way way smaller. I rarely have round bombs, they're usually shapes. What size of tag do you think would work? The bomb in the picture attached is 4 inches so you can see the size comparison.

Attachments

• 75720-20240904-181010.jpg
    75720-20240904-181010.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
I agree about the importance of making the words readable. Our home printers don't have the capability of going as tiny in the print as the major manufacturers use on their labels.
how about a sticking on a label with ingredients on the back of the bath bomb, and a smaller tag with your business name/logo,, type of bath bomb, etc tied to the top?

I agree about the importance of making the words readable. Our home printers don't have the capability of going as tiny in the print as the major manufacturers use on their labels.
how about a sticking on a label with ingredients on the back of the bath bomb, and a smaller tag with your business name/logo,, type of bath bomb, etc tied to the top?
I've tried sticking it to the bath bombs. It never works well because there just isn't really space for it. It works better if they are just both on the tag that's tied on. It just seems like the tag size is huge.

I love the font and look of your tag, @MelissaG
You do seem to have a good amount of blank space so you could make the tag smaller without compromising font size. What are you thinking, about 1/3 smaller? I think you could pull that off pretty easily, and show off more of your product. 😊
This is 2x3.5. I was thinking maybe 2" on the long side?

Currently my sales tags are tied individually to each bath bomb. One side is my logo, the name of the fragrance, and the weight. The other side is the ingredients and warnings. They are 2"x3.5". Frankly, they are about the size of all my bath bombs. I'm feeling they're distracting from the bomb itself because they're so large but I don't know what size would be better. I still want them to be readable. What do you think? Tags in the major stores are way way smaller. I rarely have round bombs, they're usually shapes. What size of tag do you think would work? The bomb in the picture attached is 4 inches so you can see the size comparison.
Hello Melissa,
I don't make or have used bath bombs. So please forgive my ignorance.
From my perspective, I can't really see the actual size/shape of it. The label looks great. I also see you put a lot of work into the packaging. I don't mean that in a spiteful way at all. I'm just a minute hording clockwatcher. :)
Only because packaging a product over and over hurts my hands.
Sooo... What I was thinking . I've actually bought one of these. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09V6WQTRX?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_fed_asin_title&th=1

They do sell smaller tags.
Different sizes and shapes of the ties.
Standard 10mm-230mm
I style Double 5mm-15m
Double 35mm-75mm
Peal Tie 4"-6"
Hook 15mm-35mm
Knot tie 3"-9"
Loop Pins 3"18"
Elliptic Pins 3"-11"

My thought is keep your logo tags. Go easy in the cellophane. Use a tagging gun that will allow your tag to be moved anywhere you want it. You won't need the raffia tie. The tag will secure it.
I bought the tagging gun and extra tagging pins. The box for the pins made me laugh (because I'm warped anyways)
In bold letters, just casually walking by the box read... STD PIN. lol!!!! Now that's a label not to be bragging about. I'm just reporting what I read. :)

Hope this helped.

Munky.

Hello Melissa,
I don't make or have used bath bombs. So please forgive my ignorance.
From my perspective, I can't really see the actual size/shape of it. The label looks great. I also see you put a lot of work into the packaging. I don't mean that in a spiteful way at all. I'm just a minute hording clockwatcher. :)
Only because packaging a product over and over hurts my hands.
Sooo... What I was thinking . I've actually bought one of these. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09V6WQTRX?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_fed_asin_title&th=1

They do sell smaller tags.
Different sizes and shapes of the ties.
Standard 10mm-230mm
I style Double 5mm-15m
Double 35mm-75mm
Peal Tie 4"-6"
Hook 15mm-35mm
Knot tie 3"-9"
Loop Pins 3"18"
Elliptic Pins 3"-11"

My thought is keep your logo tags. Go easy in the cellophane. Use a tagging gun that will allow your tag to be moved anywhere you want it. You won't need the raffia tie. The tag will secure it.
I bought the tagging gun and extra tagging pins. The box for the pins made me laugh (because I'm warped anyways)
In bold letters, just casually walking by the box read... STD PIN. lol!!!! Now that's a label not to be bragging about. I'm just reporting what I read. :)

Hope this helped.

Munky.
Thank you. lol :)

don't know if this would work for you, but how about using soap boxes with open window in front. There would be plenty of room on the back for your business name, info, ingredients etc

don't know if this would work for you, but how about using soap boxes with open window in front. There would be plenty of room on the back for your business name, info, ingredients etc
Actually I just made those tonight for my soap. They wouldn't work for bath bombs though. Unfortunately, I live in an extremely humid environment. If the bath bombs aren't sealed, they will go off.

That totally makes sense. I’m sure you will find the right balance. Looking forward to your report about how the market goes. So glad you are able to be back at it!

Latest posts

Back