Newbie soaps!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BJBJ

Reaction score
Thought I would attempt to put up my new soaps. The color came out great! I only have a small amount of single molds-no log mold as of yet-and the Elf molds (ovals) worked fabulously. My Milky Way molds-not so much....not sure but maybe next time will line or something. Also had alot of bubbles (probably from inexperience with SB and maybe poured wrong) but it's homemade so its ok with me.

http://img248.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=a ... ted033.jpg

(not sure if I did pics right...guess we'll see.)

Pretty colour. To use Milky Way Molds brush with Mineral Oil and they will pop right out. Don't use too much, but do make sure you have all the crevices coated.

Thanks! I was considering just using wax paper - as I was concerned putting any type of oil might weird the soap out in some way.....

Ahhh...to have a log mold.(I think my Glad containers would melt so I'm not using them.....)

I've done glad/ziploc containers before and they are just fine! Not the prettiest shape but you can cut it and make it pretty :)

eh-meant freezer paper....der. Ok so used my molds again (for my swap soap-yippee!!) and used the teeniest amount of sesame oil (it's waht I had-no mineral oil)...also left them in longer, and froze them before popping out. Came out beautifully!

I don't know-my Tupperware small container works great-but those Glad seem so much thinner!!! hmmm.....

I promised myself I wouldn't do swirlies and assorted crazy in my first batches-cuz my addiction is already taking over.

I love the purple!

I agree with Lindy. Don't use wax paper. I read somewhere that you could use wax paper to line a mold so I used it...once. Big mistake. It stuck to my soap and I had a terrible time peeling it off. So now I use freezer paper.

Back