New to soap making

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Technically, yes.

It may not have the qualities you're after, but it will be soap and it will get you clean.

Try plugging those ingredients into a soap calculator and see what numbers you get at different proportions. If you're unsure how to interpret the results, the recipe feedback section can help you.

May I ask why you want to use those specific oils?

Hello soap makers,
I have been making soap soap for about a year now. I homeschool so I have only made 8 batches so far. I would just like some input on my soap as far as aesthetics. I know over time I will get better but I think I’m feeling a little discouraged with the overall appearance. I have a picture of a test batch I made. I know it’s only a picture and it would be easier to actually see the soap in real time, but I would appreciate some honest feedback. I used pink clay but I didn’t get the results I wanted as far as color. Maybe as they cure the color will change.

Attachments

• IMG_1806.jpeg
    IMG_1806.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
Hello soap makers,
I have been making soap soap for about a year now. I homeschool so I have only made 8 batches so far. I would just like some input on my soap as far as aesthetics. I know over time I will get better but I think I’m feeling a little discouraged with the overall appearance. I have a picture of a test batch I made. I know it’s only a picture and it would be easier to actually see the soap in real time, but I would appreciate some honest feedback. I used pink clay but I didn’t get the results I wanted as far as color. Maybe as they cure the color will change.
Hi there - please start a new thread with your question. People won't see it here under @Soapmakerbeginner2343 's thread.

@Soapmakerbeginner2343 Yes you can, but it won't be very bubbly. I suggest using aloe juice (just cut some aloe off your own or a friend's plant, peel it and blitz the beejeesus out of it, then strain it) for your water content. This will help to create some extra bubbles. I'm assuming you are allergic to coconut? If you are not allergic to coconut, I would definitely include it in your recipe.

Cocoa butter is very expensive here at present, how about just using Shea butter to keep costs down. Same with OO - try halving it with rice bran oil.

Suggested ratios:
Shea butter 40%
Olive oil 40%
RiceBran oil 20%

Or if not allergic to CO:
Shea Butter 30%
Coconut oil: 20%
Olive: 30%
RiceBran: 20%

Back