My "unusual" pets

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
what other exotic pets do u all have beyond the creepies?

Ive had parrots, a ferret, a bunny, duck, a rare breed dog

I want a duck or flamingo for my bathtub...horse and reindeer if I had land.

I wondered how freddy was doing. Wish I could send more roaches but they just aren't breeding.

I need to get pictures of the mantises up. I got two new babies. The spiny's are no long with me.

I love tortoise, what kind are they? I've had balls in the past, really great snakes.

Mantis can get a lot bigger than that my DD has a beast. I'll get a picture of her tomorrow.
The Giant African Mantis my daughter had was much bigger than the Budwing. Even Autumn would not hold the African.. What type of babies do you have? I am thinking about ordering a couple more just because I miss mine.

Freddy is doing great. I laugh he is still the fastest moving Panther I have ever had. If I was not at my parents so much I would get him a mate. Since my hubby has to water and switch lights when I am not there I probably will not get another. Tending to critters is just not is forte, but I think he actually likes Freddy and I have actually caught him watching Freddy :cool:

Years ago, I had a pet rat.. now, we just have cats, dogs, a teenager and bees, lol!! Maybe I should have posted a photo of my teen?

Attachments

• 20181222_073226.jpg
    20181222_073226.jpg
    150.4 KB
[QUOTE="Obsidian, post: 733851, member: 10447] Ilove tortoise, what kind are they? I've had balls in the past, really great snakes.
The babies in the photo are Russians,but I’ve also got Greeks,Tunisians and 1 Hermanns.
Not 100% sure about the python yet,might get a gecko or bearded dragon instead

@cmzaha I have two Heirodula sp. Golden. They will be about as big as daisy. DD has a young giant african, can't wait to see it grown.
She has a egg sack from a rhombodera but is second guessing her decision to hatch it.

One of the goldens and my male rhombodera who is no long here.

Attachments

• 20181222_202857.jpg
    20181222_202857.jpg
    38.8 KB
  • 20181222_090046.jpg
    20181222_090046.jpg
    31.5 KB
  • 20181222_202949.jpg
    20181222_202949.jpg
    54.2 KB
They are sooooo cute... I want one :D Why is your daughter second guessing hatching her rhombodera. We never had Rhomboderas or like the ones above. I love the one on the Orchid, it is a beauty. They are a lot of work but not much different, I would assume, than raising tarantulas. This is going to make me buy more bugs..

Its a lot of work and time to care for a few hundred babies, especially since they have to be separate.

When I was raising tarantulas, it took 2 hours to feed and water 150 spiderlings. It had to be done every other day.

The one the orchid is the same species DD has the oothica of. They are a really nice species and the females get big.

My moms was over 6" and ran wild in the plant room. It was always a surprise to turn around and find yourself eyeball to eyeball with a bug like that.

Obsidian, I really like your Joon ... she's so cute! :)

Are snakes affectionate? Do u get any sense that they kno who u r or like u?
I'm with Obsidian - the learn to recognise people, but they are always a wild creature ... I don't think they do "like", or any sort of affection, in the way mammals do, but they can become accustomed to being handled.

The older/bigger pythons need to be treated with caution around children (and people not used to handling snakes) - they have a natural tendency to circle necks ... and squish. Unwrapping snakes from necks is interesting, because it's hard to to without rubbing their scales the wrong way, and rubbing their scales the wrong way is about one of the quickest ways to annoy a snake (not THE quickest, but I'm not going to describe ways to annoy snakes lol).

Back