My "unusual" pets

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I thought it would be fun to have a place for us the share our unusual type pets. Warning! There will be pictures and videos of creepy crawlies including tarantulas.

This is the only cute picture allowed here lol and its only as a space filler.

cute-marshmallows.png

Are snakes affectionate? Do u get any sense that they kno who u r or like u?

Last edited:
No, not really. They learn who their keeper is and not to be afraid and tolerate handling. Some do seem to enjoy being handled but I believe its because they like our body heat and soft squishy bodies.

:lol::lol: you just had to do it to me again.... we know my opinion of spiders of any size or shape
I am sure you remember my granddaughter is just like you Obsidian, she loves bugs! Butterflies and Mantis top #1 with the big iridensent green beetles next. Now she is raising superworms for her chickens and waiting for her mealworms.

My Baby would still eat all your creepy crawlies. He chowed down the roaches. Freddie just molted again so he is growing!
20180917_160447[1].jpg
this was from Sept so he is larger

20161109_143305[1].jpg
This was my Budwing Mantis "Daisy." She is no longer with us.

Attachments

• 20161109_143913[1].jpg
    20161109_143913[1].jpg
    39.7 KB
Not very unusual but they’re all I’ve got lol,well I have 13 of them and a dog.
I’m hoping to get a ball python hatchling in a few weeks too.
82712B62-CC23-4E70-A105-37407E050FE0.jpeg

("Shudder" emoji here) I guess the best thing about creepy crawlies is you don't have to leash them when you walk them! PS: We have a daughter, Jana, that would drool over this thread. She's an amateur photographer and takes closeups of all kinds of bugs she finds in her vegetable patch and other areas of their land in TX. One year she did a calendar featuring her "finds". It was pretty cool.

:lol::lol: you just had to do it to me again.... we know my opinion of spiders of any size or shape
I am sure you remember my granddaughter is just like you Obsidian, she loves bugs! Butterflies and Mantis top #1 with the big iridensent green beetles next. Now she is raising superworms for her chickens and waiting for her mealworms.

My Baby would still eat all your creepy crawlies. He chowed down the roaches. Freddie just molted again so he is growing! View attachment 34418this was from Sept so he is larger

View attachment 34420 This was my Budwing Mantis "Daisy." She is no longer with us.
Oh my dear God! I would absolutely freak if that mantis came anywhere near me - I've never seen such a big mantis!!! I am more afraid of praying mantis than any other insect. Hmm - maybe not more than a cockroach.

My Baby would still eat all your creepy crawlies. He chowed down the roaches. Freddie just molted again so he is growing! View attachment 34418this was from Sept so he is larger

View attachment 34420 This was my Budwing Mantis "Daisy." She is no longer with us.

I wondered how freddy was doing. Wish I could send more roaches but they just aren't breeding.

I need to get pictures of the mantises up. I got two new babies. The spiny's are no long with me.

Not very unusual but they’re all I’ve got lol,well I have 13 of them and a dog.
I’m hoping to get a ball python hatchling in a few weeks too.
View attachment 34425

I love tortoise, what kind are they? I've had balls in the past, really great snakes.

Oh my dear God! I would absolutely freak if that mantis came anywhere near me - I've never seen such a big mantis!!! I am more afraid of praying mantis than any other insect. Hmm - maybe not more than a cockroach.

Mantis can get a lot bigger than that my DD has a beast. I'll get a picture of her tomorrow.

Latest posts

Back