MP soap showing weird spots a year later

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FFLinOhio

Reaction score
Hello,
I had made hundreds of MP soaps for our business last year. Then we have had to put our business on hold for almost a year so far to take care of some family members who were/are ill/injured.

I just went through some of our soap stock and saw spots in our honey MP soap from WSP.
It was not like this before. It's not the typical glycerin dew that I'm used to seeing. The spots are inside the soap. I checked a few other soaps that were "clear" MP and only some have those spots. Most are fine, just as clear as the day they were made. They have been sealed inside either Saran Wrap or Shrink Wrap.

They were stored in the soapmaking room which is well ventilated with heat/ac.

Are the spots another form of Glycerin Dew? Are they safe to use as is? Do I have to remelt and repour?
Thanks
1723606789143.png
1723606789143.png

Last edited:
I used to make a lot of MP soaps, but not much now. So far I have not had this issue.
Is anything added to the base? If nothing was added to the base, including fragrance or color, then I would contact the supplier and see if this issue has been reported by others.
If fragrance or color were added, were they MP soap safe?
 Does it smell or feel weird?

I would also try melting/remaking one bar and see what happens.

I used to make a lot of MP soaps, but not much now. So far I have not had this issue.
Is anything added to the base? If nothing was added to the base, including fragrance or color, then I would contact the supplier and see if this issue has been reported by others.
If fragrance or color were added, were they MP soap safe?
 Does it smell or feel weird?

I would also try melting/remaking one bar and see what happens.
I agree. Also, if it's only cosmetic and doesn't affect the soap and its use in any negative way, it actually looks pretty cool

I did not add any additives, colors, or fragrances. It smells like it usually does and I just used it in the shower and it was fine.

I did not add any additives, colors, or fragrances. It smells like it usually does and I just used it in the shower and it was fine.
Maybe there was a problem with a particular base batch, hopefully the provider will be able to give you more info, as Nona'sFarm suggested. For consistency's sake, keep it for personal use and don't sell it, even if you don't notice anything wrong besides the look. I really like how it looks, it's a shame it was accidental

Latest posts

Back