Mens scents

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lyn said:
honor435 said:
I like bay rum, but I really adore "black canyon" from peakcandles.com( they have a body safe line), I cant make it fast enough, I havent found one guy that didnt like it.
I have read many good reviews of this scent but sadly peaks dont do international so cant try the scents from them
I soaped perfect man from Natures Garden last night and it is soooooooooo good!!!!!!!!

The Perfect Man from NG is my favorite men scent. It's so YUMMY!

No we dont but they have flat rate shipping so it is pretty good when you consider most the bottles cost a lot less than those available here. I usually buy around 6 16oz bottle at a time and get charged a flatrate of 45.50 US. Tracy PM me if you want a list of a few really nice ones soaped :0)

honor435 said:
I like bay rum, but I really adore "black canyon" from peakcandles.com( they have a body safe line), I cant make it fast enough, I havent found one guy that didnt like it.

i adore peak's black canyon too, find myself with my head in that curing shelf rather often. it discolors a lot, so i make it with activated charcoal and moroccan red clay. my so won't let me run out, and i discovered a stash he's hoarding just in case i sell it all :) and yes, men seem to love it.

i always sell out of bay rum really fast, but i can't stand the scent so don't make it very often ;)

I made bay rum and sold it out, but I dont really love it, gotta make more black canyon, im out!

I tried one I havent used before from NG and it is named Driftwood. Fantastic smell. Behaved great but has a lot of vanillin in it so it turned dark like chocolate. Definitely looks like a man soap and smells divine.

My son (21yo) can't get enough of the NG Manly Man - however, I renamed it Mountain Meadow.

He will text me "ma, can you bring me a manly mountain meadow man". I say, "sure hun, how many"?.. it is hysterical.

fragrance oils

a few years ago my husband was deployed to iraq and purchased some perfume oils from a street vendor. i used about 5cc for 40 oz oils in cp soap and they turned out real well.

last week I purchased 9 different scents of perfume oils from a site that advertised that their oils were uncut. i used 6-7cc per 40oz oil batch and I cannot smell them at all.

is there a vendor for perfume oils that you would recommend and how much would you use per pound of oils?

I'm thinking that the iraq purchase was just so much stronger, too strong for direct skin application in my opinion. that's why I tried them in the soap. the perfume oils i purchased state-side can be used directly on the skin and smelled nice.

Latest posts

Back