I shall never shave with a POS razor again :)

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IanT

Freemason, Maker, Father, Mover & Shaker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yaaaaay!!!

Got my Edwin Jagger 89L Double Edge Razor the other day (from qedusa.com), along with a 110-blade sampler pack of different blades to try... Started with Feather blades which were amazing...

I also made my own bay rum aftershave with some witch hazel, spiced rum, cloves, cinnamon sticks, pimento (allspice), fresh orange rinds and 1/2 tsp orange eo... let it steep in the sun for about a week (and its still kinda "working" but i do use it still when i shave...)

It smells DIVINE!!!

Bought some Col. Conks shave soap (which I intend to duplicate very soon) ... and a badger brush...

instead of a chore, shaving is now enjoyable... and includes a ritual with hot/frigid towels, Frank Sinatra and a general feeling of aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaHHHHH... so relaxing ...

This is the best razor I have ever used, basically with these razors you dont put any pressure with it at all, just let the weight of the razor do the work and gently slice off the hair... NO MORE INGROWN HAAAAIRS YAAAY!!!!

I was appalled at how my face didnt feel like it got abused by shaving for once... I will NEVER buy a normal razor again in my life... im fully converted now.. DE for life!!!

Plus!!!... The best part... I bought 110 blades for <$30, for blades for my (retired) mach 3... itd be $10 for THREE blades!!!! WOOOOOOT!??!?!?!

lol cant contain my excitement!

Now to make an awesome shave soap specifically for shaving with a thick, stable and bubbly lather .... off to my evil lair..muahahahah

Geez, Ian...almost makes me wish I was a guy! OK....maybe not. But still, it sounds heavenly!!! S'pose it'd be a good gift for hubs? He has a pretty heavy beard.

Good for you! I won't go back to those awful disposables either. I still get funny looks when I ask for blades at the store and when they ask I tell them that they are for me! :lol:

8) Good site... I need some quality razors and boar bristles for my men shaving line... and my man :p
He always forgets to take his razor home again and then comes back with a big beard :?

BakingNana said:
Geez, Ian...almost makes me wish I was a guy! OK....maybe not. But still, it sounds heavenly!!! S'pose it'd be a good gift for hubs? He has a pretty heavy beard.

Yeah itd be an exceellleeent gift :) As long as hes in to that kinda thing...

its literally been a lifechanging experience lol shaving is no longer "hell"...

:D

Im loving it.. i actually shaved 2 days in a row... which like neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeever happens lol

Welcome to traditional wet shaving Ian! I've been using DE's and straights for about 3 years now and I would never go back to those carts. and canned shaving goo. If you haven't already check out Badgerandblade.com and congrats!!

Latest posts

Back