Holiday soaping has come to an end.

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TVivian

Reaction score
Well tomorrow is the the official 4 weeks till Christmas point which means I'm done with my gift soaps and letting everything cure. I'll confess that I'm sad. It's been so fun having a "reason" to make soap every day. ImageUploadedBySoap Making1385499785.144382.jpg

Pretty! I still have some scrubs, lotions, and a few melt and pour projects to make before Christmas time.

Wow! You must have some gift list!

They look FAB-U-LOUS!

And I know what you mean - I hadn't had the time to soap much over the past several months and it's been such a treat to make lots of soap for the holidays. I always get cleaned out and then have an excuse to make more!

Those are all awesome soap. I love them all you do such great work . Wish mine all looked so pretty like that.

Wow, I'm absolutely in love with all of your soaps! They'll make the most perfect gifts :) This picture definitely inspires me to practice practice practice!

That's three tiers of serious inspiration right there. Kicked me right in the obsession. Loving your work!

holy baloney!!! that is a LOT of soap!!! how amazing. you make my Christmas soap stash look sad and pathetic.....

btw, LOVE all of them!

Thanks everyone! It's been really fun making up recipes and trying new techniques! I may have to try my hand at other bath and body products so I don't go through soaping withdrawals :)

Your soaps are all extremely beautiful and very inspiring. So many different points of interest and beautiful details that catch ones eye. If you don't mind me asking, how did you make the checkered pattern on the top of the middle soap in the middle row? It's stunning. Did you use a squeeze bottle and pipe lines across the soap in diagonals? I'll understand if it's something you'd rather not divulge, but I simply had to ask. I'm totally awestruck by that patterning.

Last edited:
Your soap is so very pretty, everyone who gets some is sure to be thrilled..

Your soaps are all extremely beautiful and very inspiring. So many different points of interest and beautiful details that catch ones eye. If you don't mind me asking, how did you made the checkered pattern on the top of the middle soap in the middle row? It's stunning. Did you use a squeeze bottle and pipe lines across the soap in diagonals? I'll understand if it's something you'd rather not divulge, but I simply had to ask. I'm totally awestruck by that patterning.

I don't mind sharing at all! What I did was waited until the soap was a nice thick (pudding) consistency then used a ruler across the top to mark lines in a diagonal pattern with a toothpick. After the lines were drawn I used the edge of a narrow spatula, you could use the edge of a cardboard or even the edge of the ruler if your mold is wide enough. And dip it down into the soap just a tiny bit and lift up. If the soap is the right consistency, it will hold the line mark. Let me know if this makes sense. The reason I use the edge of a spatula is because a ruler is too long to fit in my mold.

Ah yes!! I understand what you mean. You made perfect sense! Thank you so much for explaining it, that was extremely kind of you. Thank you! :)

OMG that's gorgeous! Don't tell me where you live, I might send letter to Santa and ask him to get me your full curing rack :p

Extremely beautiful and inspiring. You are sooo creative. I'm so glad you're on the board so we can admire your work, and it's wonderful that you're so generous about sharing techniques. Thank you!

I see the soap that cracked, second from the left on top. If I didn't know it I would never have guessed. Gorgeous, Gorgeous, Gorgeous, soap...wish I could smell. I definitely can't allow my recipients to see you soap. Mine looks very sad next to yours!

Latest posts

Back