Hi from NY!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

saltydog

Reaction score
Hi everyone, just started making melt & pour four months ago, and suffice it to say, I am completely addicted!

I've been reading this forum for about three months and I love it, so I figured it's time to register. Love, love, love everything about soap-making. I have not tried cold-process yet, but have done a lot of research in a very short time and I look forward to doing so soon. I even found a tiny hardware store by me that sells lye beads! woohoo! :D

Okay, I didn't think of this until later. Some people have said you have to be careful because lye in hardware stores can have additives in them.

Sounds good and you can save money on shipping! :D

Hazel said:
Okay, I didn't think of this until later. Some people have said you have to be careful because lye in hardware stores can have additives in them.

Sounds good and you can save money on shipping! :D

Yes, I have heard this too, it's the only reason I thought to ask. (and I love saving on shipping)

Hello saltydog! I'm a newbie from LI as well. I lived in Suffolk County until I was 25, when I moved to Wisconsin :)

That's great that you found lye in a local hardware store!

Cirafly24 said:
Hello saltydog! I'm a newbie from LI as well. I lived in Suffolk County until I was 25, when I moved to Wisconsin :)

That's great that you found lye in a local hardware store!

Ian, I never saw your reply for some reason, I'm from Suffolk County.
Cirafly, LI to Wisconsin? How's the culture shock with that move??

Latest posts

Back