Hi all!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KeithG

Reaction score
Hi everyone. Been a short time lurker but just joined properly this evening as I'm interested in learning about making shaving soaps and creams. I've just recently started wet shaving as I have sebhoeric dermatitis on my face and the normal shop bought shaving foams and multi blade cartridge razors irritate it quite a bit. I've been wet shaving over two weeks now and it's been amazing the difference it has made.
I love experimenting and dabbling in different things and I think making shaving soaps would be fun and interesting. I've already looked into sources of beef suet and channel fat to render my own tallow from grass fed Irish cattle and there are a number of bee keepers local who can provide beeswax. Hoping to use mostly organic ingredients if possible.

Welcome! A fellow wet shaver here, been doing it for years now. Still haven't made my own shaving soap, but I have the idea of what I want it to be when I start experimenting in that sphere - after reading a lot on the subject and testing several different types of commercial products.

https://www.soapmakingforum.com/threads/my-first-shaving-soap-is-a-success.34264/

You probably stumbled upon this thread already, but I'll link it here - it's a looooong read, but it's worth it!

Back