Hello New Here...

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AmandaJ99

Reaction score
Hey all I'm a new soap crafter, I've done candles for awhile now but recently added soap and candy making. I'm a mother to three boys, and a recent college graduate. So far the job market has been extremely tough especially in my field Criminal Justice. So while I look for work I've been keeping myself occupied by making things, lol. Hope to learn a lot on this board. Have a great week!
Amanda in TN

Hi Amanda,

Welcome to the forum! :D

Unfortunately, a lot of job areas have been tight but hang in there! Hopefully, you'll find something soon...and until then, there's always soapmaking which is less fattening than candy making. :lol:

I used to live in Hixson. Are you near it?

Hazel, We are pretty far from Hixson we are about 30 mins south east of Nashville. The problem I'm running into is that I can get the interviews they love me but end up hiring someone who has experience and a college degree. I just gotta keep trying. Right now I make hard candy and taffy totally staying away from chocolate and other forms, lol!

I'm sorry to hear this. It's a catch 22 - you can't get hired without experience but you can't get experience with being able to work in the field. I wish you the best of luck!

People were amazed that while I live in Tennessee that I never went to Nashville. But I worked all the time and when I did get a day off, I wouldn't have much time to see the sights once I included the time to drive there and then back home.

Latest posts

Back