Hello from rural PA!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi everyone. I’m originally from the Bronx. Bought a house in PA a few years ago as the cost of living in NYC is outrageous. I started soaping a couple of months ago as a way to deal with the grief I am going through. I have been reading the threads since I began. Just wanted to introduce myself and let you all know how much I appreciate all of the knowledge.

Hi everyone. I’m originally from the Bronx. Bought a house in PA a few years ago as the cost of living in NYC is outrageous. I started soaping a couple of months ago as a way to deal with the grief I am going through. I have been reading the threads since I began. Just wanted to introduce myself and let you all know how much I appreciate all of the knowledge.

Welcome from another PA person! I live in Reading, which is about halfway between Harrisville and Philly!

Welcome. Did you make the soap in your avatar? It's pretty and the stamp adds a nice touch.
Hi. Yes I did. Thank you so much! I made it with paprika infused olive oil. Added dehydrated orange rind at trace.

Welcome from another PA person! I live in Reading, which is about halfway between Harrisville and Philly!
I’m north central. About 5 miles from the NY border.

I am from Long Island and have a vacation home in PA that we are hoping to retire to eventually. Soaping is such great therapy, so much to learn about. Many recipes and methods to try, oils, additives, fragrances to learn about. Welcome 🤗

We don’t live in Pennsylvania, but we visit the Mountain Laurel Autoharp Gathering every June for the last 20 years. (MLAG.org). It moved from Little Buffalo State Park to Shippensburg University a few years ago because so many of us are getting too old for camping. 😉 I’m taking some swirled soap for the silent auction fundraiser, plus samples for people to use in the dorms. There are concerts every night that are open to the public if anyone is near there next week.

I am from Long Island and have a vacation home in PA that we are hoping to retire to eventually. Soaping is such great therapy, so much to learn about. Many recipes and methods to try, oils, additives, fragrances to learn about. Welcome 🤗
I’ve lived on Long Island here and there. A couple years in Smithtown and a couple in Rocky Point. My husband is from North Bellmore. Thanks for the welcome!

@instantdelay , welcome to this forum and to soapmaking! My husband was raised outside of Philly in Malvern. Most of his immediate family has migrated to other parts of Pennsylvania. We fly back there to visit them every couple years. Lancaster, where one of his sisters now lives is known for its wonderful outdoor markets and craft fairs. Soap wasn't really on my radar until recently when I started making it. If there are little markets and craft fairs in your part of PA, I bet there are many local soap vendors in that area.

Welcome! I’m out of SE PA. 😊

Latest posts

Back