having a terrible time choosing a lip balm recipe.

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Deda - the ButterEZ makes it not go grainy? Right now I use the base from BCN, and LOVE, but my dad gave me a ton of raw beeswax from his hives that I need to use up. I think I'll have to try out the butterez if it stops the grainyness!

Deda said:
ButterEZ is fabulous.

Ditto! :)

lauramw71 said:
Deda - the ButterEZ makes it not go grainy?

Not Deda, but yes, ButterEZ completely eliminated the grainy problem that I used to get in my lip balms made with mango butter. Since adding a little ButterEZ to my formula I've not had any grainy issues at all.

IrishLass :)

Oh how much I love you terrible enablers. LOL
I have a tub of the base from BCN, but really want to try my own.
Adding ButterEZ to my list of need-to-gets. WOW this list is getting long, good thing it's almost XMas! haha

IrishLass said:
Deda said:
ButterEZ is fabulous.

Ditto! :)

lauramw71 said:
Deda - the ButterEZ makes it not go grainy?

Not Deda, but yes, ButterEZ completely eliminated the grainy problem that I used to get in my lip balms made with mango butter. Since adding a little ButterEZ to my formula I've not had any grainy issues at all.

IrishLass :)
yep yep yep!!!

http://www.lotioncrafter.com/butterez-trade.html

Oh, and you use it at a level equal to 10% of the butters in your formulation. I take the amount out of my coconut oil if it's in there since the EZ seems to melt very quickly.

Back