goat milk powder

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's the thing. No one is bothered by the nut butters, but the nut milks (except coconut apparently [which also has cream🤯]) are things🤷🏿‍♂️

Edit: I missed a word. I was thinking about having some red wine and whoops🤷🏿‍♂️ pair butter soap?! Ewwww
Good luck with that glass of wine. I could actually use one right now!
But going back to peanut butter soap, I just can’t erase the vision in my head from the Anne Margaret scene in the movie Tommy where she’s covered with all kinds of food products in a bathtub.

If powder came out of my goats, I'd definitely use that. But every single time I milk my goats, it comes out liquid! So that's what I use.😊 Maybe someday I'll have a freeze dryer and then I can make my own goat milk powder.
I love it!! You are a hoot!! That sounds just like something I would say. Thanks for making me smile. And one day, you never know, those little goats might surprise you, and give you some beautiful, fluffy powder! :)

I've started adding powdered goats milk directly to the oils. I mix it very very well using my stick blender, then I add in the lye water. Seems less likely to overheat. I found adding it to water first makes it less likely to break up in the oils so you get spots where there's a clump of goats milk rather than having it spread over the whole bar. It's also not as dark in color. But people do things differently. I didn't like the ice method.
This is what I do as well. It works beautifully for me. I used to use the ice method, but I don't feel a huge difference in the soap when I use it, and it takes too long. I am not patient enough!!

@ackosel it takes several hours in the oven. You need to make parchment paper trays to sit inside of metal trays. If your tray holds 1 cup of liquid milk, you have to measure/weigh the dried ingredients once it is dehydrated. Once you have that weight, you will know that amount will make 1 liquid cup. So you would add distilled water with it to equal one cup. So then in the future you just measure out that amount. My oven has 3 racks and I can fit 6 quarter sheet pans. This is also the method I use to dehydrate eggs.

I divide my liquids. I use distilled water to dissolve my lye. I add powdered gm to liquid gm so that the total liquid will equal a full gm and stick blend that with my oils.

130 - 135 degrees F is best. 170 could burn it. You will have to keep an eye on it at that temp. I use 140 F
Thank you. Do you keep the oven door cracked to let moisture out? I wonder if I could find trays to go in my nice dehydrator...🤔 Better yet, I'll put a freeze dryer on my Christmas list!

Back