Goat Milk & Chamomile Infusion

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OLSoap

Reaction score
We are starting to develop goat milk soaps and finally have found a recipe we like. However, we would like to make a chamomile goat milk soap and were wondering the best way to make an infusion of the chamomile leaves.

Should we infuse the leaves in the goat milk? If so, what is the best way to do that? Warm them up slowly on the stove? Or would infusing the leaves in the fragrance oil be better?

Any ideas will be very much appreciated.
Carole and Christine

Agriffin: Yes, we use olive oil and coconut oil. We didn't think about using the olive oil for infusing! Does it need to be warmed up or set in the sun?

Half Caper: We were worried about bad effects with the goat milk. That was why we thought we would ask for some help.

OLSoap said:
Agriffin: Yes, we use olive oil and coconut oil. We didn't think about using the olive oil for infusing! Does it need to be warmed up or set in the sun?

Half Caper: We were worried about bad effects with the goat milk. That was why we thought we would ask for some help.

Well, you can do it either way. I do mine in a jar. I stick it in hot water for a bit to heat up and get it going then let it sit cold (room temp) for a week or two.

Some people infuse in the crockpot and use the next day.

Latest posts

Back