First soap for 2011

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm doing my first batch of the year today, White & Green tea w/Bergamot. I'm using up odds and end oils, so MMS Calc will be my friend today!

kelleyaynn said:
judymoody said:
Syndet shampoo bars, my first. The EO blend I used just happens to smell like the Herbal Essence from my childhood - go figure?!

What EO blend did you use? I loved the old herbal essence smell!

Hi Kellyann, I used 2 parts lime to 1 part each of cedarwood, rosemary, and sage. If you want it ever more herbal, cut the lime back to 1 part.

My first batch was a lemon scented soap that looks like dessert!

lemonsoap21.jpg

By surile at 2011-01-02

my latest creation....
made this with Valentines in mind. Thought it was neat how the swirl resembled a rose in a few of them, just happenstance :) Each soap is different. Lightly scented with a Kama Sutra blend of white blossoms, aromatic peonies, wild jasmine, red roses, and lavender.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

heartandsoap said:
my latest creation....
made this with Valentines in mind. Thought it was neat how the swirl resembled a rose in a few of them, just happenstance :) Each soap is different. Lightly scented with a Kama Sutra blend of white blossoms, aromatic peonies, wild jasmine, red roses, and lavender.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
what that is lovely love the colors

lavendermint.gif

Lavender/Mint

Finally, after a horrible run of some funky batches with a formula I have been using for months- success. I ended up having to revamp my formula to solve the problems I was having but, now life is good once again.

it is sad but i am just getting around to making my first batch of the year. i am waiting on my lye to cool. i am making a batch of egg soap.

I love those colours Ilovesoap ... the smell and the colours go together beautifully!

Hope I can find a recipe I'm happy with soon ...

love those soaps Dragon! Nag Champa, yummm!

the green and mauve is pretty together Ilovesoap :) and that's a very white white :)

Latest posts

Back