Final Packaging

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crocoturtle

Reaction score
(almost!) Final Packaging

I tried a few different packaging options with different shaped lables and grosgrain ribbon but I decided in the end that a fancy cigar band was cheapest, most protective of the soap and prettiest.

photo (3).JPG

Last edited:
Agree, really pretty. Would worry though, that the overhanging ends could get tattered and worn if you're carting them back and forth to markets, or even displayed in stores unless they're carefully displayed. For those reasons, when I was making cigar labels, I made mine shorter than the width of the soap. Just a thought...

Thanks!
I think that soap that's showing excess paper under is just pushed back in the band but I will probably start trimming the paper back to the width of the lable. I'm also ordering a round cutter to cut out the lables instead of using scissors. I had been cutting the bands by hand as well so they were 2 1/8" wide because that was easy to cut a piece of paper in half twice. But now I have a paper cutter and I can cut off 1/2 inch and then cut it in half twice, easily.

Unless you can find a heavier card stock paper to do the band. A heavier paper can stand up better with transporting and people picking up the soap to look at. Hard to see weight of your paper from the pic.

It's a light card stock, heavier than scrapbook paper, but not very heavy. Oddly doesn't have a weight on the packaging.
Thanks for the advice. Hopefully I can sell them all before they get beat up!

Back