Essential Oils Cross Contamination

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michelle La

Reaction score
Hello! Not urgent at all, but I’m about to make some soap samples to test essential oils, which I’ve never used before, because my only (limited) experience has been with fragrance oils. Once I have made these little pucks, is there anything I should do to store them so they don’t contaminate each other with their individual scents? I’m aware this is probably a nonsense issue, but I’m just curious. If I store them all together, won’t they rub off on each other and won’t my nose get confused?

You can put them individually in freezer bags if they have already cured, otherwise the scents won't smell as they should if stored altogether.

You can put them individually in freezer bags if they have already cured, otherwise the scents won't smell as they should if stored altogether.
Thank you, that’s good to know. I’m probably over thinking things and need to settle down to be honest. It’s just there’s so much out there and I want to try it all 🫣

Latest posts

Back