Curiosity about lotion bars

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The biggest question is will you like it in your lotion bar? I guarantee it will work, I use Sunflower wax, Carnauba Wax, Candelilla Wax, and other waxes since I do not like beeswax in my lotion bars. I simply do not like beeswax because I find it gets sticky in lotion bars after awhile. I even like adding in some Castor Wax. I have used soy wax in combination with some of the other waxes I mentioned above in lotion bars, along with a hard butter such as cocoa butter, illipe butter, or kokum butter. It really takes testing to find what you prefer since it is a lot of personal preference.

@cmzaha , I love all that detail. Kokum butter is pretty darn awesome.
@Barefoot Farm Girl , I have exclusively used beeswax so can't help you there. Once I tweaked until I found the right recipe, I haven't experimented further. Plus now that Zing Junior AKA @Sting is a beekeeper, I have a steady hook-up. I'll page @KiwiMoose who is obsessed with soy wax. Please keep us posted on your lotion bars

@Barefoot Farm Girl - here's my recipe:

1722063839116.png

Thank you! That looks decadent!!!!!!

The biggest question is will you like it in your lotion bar? I guarantee it will work, I use Sunflower wax, Carnauba Wax, Candelilla Wax, and other waxes since I do not like beeswax in my lotion bars. I simply do not like beeswax because I find it gets sticky in lotion bars after awhile. I even like adding in some Castor Wax. I have used soy wax in combination with some of the other waxes I mentioned above in lotion bars, along with a hard butter such as cocoa butter, illipe butter, or kokum butter. It really takes testing to find what you prefer since it is a lot of personal preference.
Thank you! I have never heard of Sunflower wax, that sounds interesting!

@Barefoot Farm Girl , I have exclusively used beeswax so can't help you there. Once I tweaked until I found the right recipe, I haven't experimented further. Plus now that Zing Junior AKA @Sting is a beekeeper, I have a steady hook-up. I'll page @KiwiMoose who is obsessed with soy wax. Please keep us posted on your lotion bars
I gotta make friends with local beekeeper! My ex started keeping bees a few years ago, but he said his hives are too new so he can’t hook me up, I was so bummed out. I’m gonna see if I can talk him into a soap for honey trade though

Well, darn it - I LOVE a good recipe, and I will have to place an order for a few different waxes to try this out! I’ve just started down the rabbit hole of salves and balms, It’s only a problem because I can’t find these local to me and shipping is SOO pricey! I just made a 320 km return trip last weekend to pick up soaping supplies. Should have done more research first - bit does one EVER have enough different supplies to try out? 🤣🤣

Well, darn it - I LOVE a good recipe, and I will have to place an order for a few different waxes to try this out! I’ve just started down the rabbit hole of salves and balms, It’s only a problem because I can’t find these local to me and shipping is SOO pricey! I just made a 320 km return trip last weekend to pick up soaping supplies. Should have done more research first - bit does one EVER have enough different supplies to try out? 🤣🤣
Short answer - no.

When you say 1/3, 1/3, and 1/3, are you talking volume or weight? Seems like they may be different.

Back