CP Soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lynn Carte

Reaction score
I am a newbie! (':lol:')

I have made my first batch of GM soap about six weeks ago. I love it and have not used any other soap since I made it. I love this forum and have learned a lot from others successes and failures. It was very frustrating for me to find a small recipe to start out as I did not want to waste a large amount of ingredients.

Here's the Beekman Goat's milk soap recipe that was on Martha Stewart. I made this and it's great. Nice small batch to start. But be careful - it traces very quickly due to the small batch size and the amount of shortening! Please run this recipe through a lye calculator before using.

4.25 ounces olive oil
5 ounces coconut oil
12 ounces shortening
2.99 ounces lye
7.40 ounces goat's milk

I used evaporated GM. I substituted water for 1/2 of the goat milk and added the other 1/2 at trace.

I froze the goat's milk flat in a plastic bag. Then put it in my pitcher and added the lye. Mixed until the milk had melted and then added to the oils when they were about 90 to 95 degrees. I used a checkbook box as my mold and it worked very well for a small batch. :lol:

x

:D thanks for the post!

don't you just love natural soaps as compared with commercial! i'm to the point where i get real nervous if my soap stash starts dwindling down to a few bars!

glad you're having fun! it sure beats stamp collecting! LOL!

a couple hand websites for you:

www.soapersmarket.com an oil calculator for round and square molds.

www.fragranceoilfinder.com great for finding special f/o's

www.soap-making-essentials.com a wonderful site loaded with info and inspiration.

www.soapcalc.com comprehensive ly calculator

www.brambleberry.com simple lye calculator

happy soaping! :D

Back