Covid

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hope you bounce back soon @Vicki C. When I got Covid first/only time last summer, I was at a music festival. Dr. Didn’t give me Paxlovid, but I will be sure to take it if Covid strikes again. Surprisingly one of the things that helped me feel better was the 8 hour drive home. (DH drove) something about the combination of sitting upright in the sunshine with my favorite music was beneficial, even if I had no voice to sing.

I think I’m the last person I know to get Covid. I’ve been in bed for 24 hours - a little congested but mostly just dizzy, achey, chills, and so tired. From what I’ve read this is a “FLiRT” variant, so it has a fun name anyway. Wheeee!
You are not alone. This is my second time. The sinus headache was horrendous, but the congestion is breaking up now and that is much better. I'm really tired (ha!) of the fatigue and weakness, and how quickly SOB and increased HR happen. The craziest thing that bothers me now is the constant whooshing noise I hear keeping time with my heartbeats.

The thought of sitting up for eight hours right now makes me weak. Hoping tomorrow will be a little better.
No, I didn’t mean you needed to sit up for eight hours! I simply didn’t have a choice because it was the ride to get back home. If someone could take you out for a drive an hour or so on a beautiful day like today, maybe that would help?

You are not alone. This is my second time. The sinus headache was horrendous, but the congestion is breaking up now and that is much better. I'm really tired (ha!) of the fatigue and weakness, and how quickly SOB and increased HR happen. The craziest thing that bothers me now is the constant whooshing noise I hear keeping time with my heartbeats.
It’s funny, I hear my heartbeat all the time - I always thought everyone did and recently learned that isn’t the case! I’m on the mend - I think the Paxlovid helped a lot. Can’t smell very well which is really depressing, hopefully it will come back quickly.

Sorry to hear this and hope you're on the mend. You are isolating your crabbiness from hubs, right? I had good experience with paxlivid.

I thought I was the last person to be infected last December and I was an essential worker since day 1. I'm super careful. Here's the thing. That little bugger wants to multiply in humans so keep s mutating to get past built up and natural immunity. It's not a personal failure.

TLDR: still testing positive - trying to figure out when I can safely sell at markets.

I am so much better, feel like a human again. Smell is still muted, which I don’t like, and I have a residual cough, but it’s not much at all. I would have had four markets this weekend. The guidance on when to stop isolating is confusing to me. Here’s what the guidance says:

“When people get sick with a respiratory virus, the updated guidance recommends that they stay home and away from others. For people with COVID-19 and influenza, treatment is available and can lessen symptoms and lower the risk of severe illness. The recommendations suggest returning to normal activities when, for at least 24 hours, symptoms are improving overall, and if a fever was present, it has been gone without use of a fever-reducing medication.

Once people resume normal activities, they are encouraged to take additional prevention strategies for the next 5 days to curb disease spread, such as taking more steps for cleaner air, enhancing hygiene practices, wearing a well-fitting mask, keeping a distance from others, and/or getting tested for respiratory viruses.”

Symptoms have been improving starting on Sunday, so I’m past the 5 day window when I would even have to mask, according to the CDC. But, I still had a positive test yesterday - will test again today. I don’t really want to be selling at a market when I’m still testing positive - I wouldn’t want to be handling people’s products, making change, talking to them, knowing I still could be shedding the virus. So I think I am going to wait until I get a negative test. I hope I don’t keep testing positive forever.
One of my sisters suggested that I might be testing positive because of dead virus but that’s not likely the case according to what I’ve read - the rapid test is a blunt instrument and not really sensitive enough to pick up dead virus. This article spells it out.
https://www.pbs.org/newshour/health...-dont-stop-isolating-just-yet-virologists-say
I want to be a responsible vendor. So I think I’ll just stay home and make soap until I get a negative test. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Glad to hear you've improved! I'm a month out and still have the darn cough.
Symptoms have been improving starting on Sunday, so I’m past the 5 day window when I would even have to mask, according to the CDC. But, I still had a positive test yesterday - will test again today. I don’t really want to be selling at a market when I’m still testing positive - I wouldn’t want to be handling people’s products, making change, talking to them, knowing I still could be shedding the virus. So I think I am going to wait until I get a negative test.

That's a great plan!

TLDR: still testing positive - trying to figure out when I can safely sell at markets.

I am so much better, feel like a human again. Smell is still muted, which I don’t like, and I have a residual cough, but it’s not much at all. I would have had four markets this weekend. The guidance on when to stop isolating is confusing to me. Here’s what the guidance says:

“When people get sick with a respiratory virus, the updated guidance recommends that they stay home and away from others. For people with COVID-19 and influenza, treatment is available and can lessen symptoms and lower the risk of severe illness. The recommendations suggest returning to normal activities when, for at least 24 hours, symptoms are improving overall, and if a fever was present, it has been gone without use of a fever-reducing medication.

Once people resume normal activities, they are encouraged to take additional prevention strategies for the next 5 days to curb disease spread, such as taking more steps for cleaner air, enhancing hygiene practices, wearing a well-fitting mask, keeping a distance from others, and/or getting tested for respiratory viruses.”

Symptoms have been improving starting on Sunday, so I’m past the 5 day window when I would even have to mask, according to the CDC. But, I still had a positive test yesterday - will test again today. I don’t really want to be selling at a market when I’m still testing positive - I wouldn’t want to be handling people’s products, making change, talking to them, knowing I still could be shedding the virus. So I think I am going to wait until I get a negative test. I hope I don’t keep testing positive forever.
One of my sisters suggested that I might be testing positive because of dead virus but that’s not likely the case according to what I’ve read - the rapid test is a blunt instrument and not really sensitive enough to pick up dead virus. This article spells it out.
https://www.pbs.org/newshour/health...-dont-stop-isolating-just-yet-virologists-say
I want to be a responsible vendor. So I think I’ll just stay home and make soap until I get a negative test. 🤷🏻‍♀️
You're correct in thinking that the CDC guidance is fubar. You're still contagious until you're reliably testing negative at least twice.

And going back too soon would keep yourself from healing up as fast as you could.

So rest, make a little soap, feel better, and be proud of yourself for caring about others. ❤👍

Back