Colouring Goatmilk Soaps

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

Hi Clever Soapers,

We're desperate for tried and true colours (red and lavender) that we can use in our cp goatmilk soap recipe - have any of you clever soapers a mix or blend that you will share please? We can get orange, brown, grey, blue, green, pink, yellow.................. - but do you think we can get red or lavender?? Oh no way!!!!! I do understand it's the goatmilk but surely there's a very clever soaper out there in SoapLand with the knowledge and experience with colours that we're lacking.

We've found so far Ultramarine's and Pop Mica's are the best for getting nearest to a colour, the majority don't morph, bleed and are good with a high pH - but any suggestions would be very welcomed.

The only suggestion I recall seeing for purple is to use TD first, then add ultramarine. It will be a pastel rather than a very bright color, but the TD stablilizes it and keeps it from turning grey. At least that's the way I understood it, worth a try.

Thank you for the suggestion and memory jab - I have been thinking of using TD, and previously gone against it - then I put myself into gear and looked at the ingredients in Micas and Ultramarines !!!! From memory all the Pop Micas have TD in them so I couldn't fathom out which part of the planet I was on when I pushed that idea to the "later" file!!!! I have TD downstairs so will try it out next time - thank you again for your help.

No, I've not been able to color milk soaps pink or red. I only got a warm tan each time. Without milk, though, I did get a lovely pink. Wonder why.

:) I use ultra marine violet and it is true. I goats milk soap every week and found a purple that sticks. I got mine from pvsoap.com. cp does ok but is muted next to earthy colors.

I've just ordered the Ultramarine Violet. We're flying to San Francisco first week of August, I'll call TKB and stock up on Pop Mica Raspberry - it's extremely hard to get here in Australia - a couple of places that don't charge the earth for it have sold out and said they can't get anymore - don't know why?? So for now the Goatmilk Rose will have to be put on hold for a bit.

Please tell me how this turned out..... i am about to color a goats milk I am working on to make a "Northren Lights" for the Polar Bears international. I would love to know how this turns out! :D As I am about to color and streak my Evaporated Goatd Milk, I would Love a true rainbow effect of Very Red, Orange, Yellow,Green, Blue, Indigo, and Violet so I can do a Aroria Borealis effect. Thanks In Advance!

:) Different milks soap differently even if canned, fresh, evaporated or powder. Do a test batch. The fats will determine final color and consistency.

Latest posts

Back