Canola Oil and Castor Oil

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Olive oil and coconut oil. I’m not sure what else. But I can find better prices on the OO and CO elsewhere.
where do you find them for better prices? Hope to find them in the big city where I am planning to go.

I get olive oil at Costco and usually get coconut oil from Amazon. I have bought CO at Costco, and several people here find it at Big Lots, which I don't have near me.

I went to big Lots a couple of times, maybe they have sale from time to time on CO I didn't catch it, the price was just like any other store sells CO in the same area.

Aloe juice in place of water seems to be the best booster for me.
I'm using aloe juice in my soaps & lotions & potions too. You might want to pick up a gallon jug at Walmart while you're there:
Fruit of the Earth Aloe Vera Juice - 128 fl oz jug $6.44 (used to be $6.99)

I'm using aloe juice in my soaps & lotions & potions too. You might want to pick up a gallon jug at Walmart while you're there:
Fruit of the Earth Aloe Vera Juice - 128 fl oz jug $6.44 (used to be $6.99)
Zany, do you mind telling us about your potions if I start a new thread , please?
Thank you

:thumbs: Not Zany, but I use aloe juice up to 100% water replacement in soap and 15% in lotion. If using fresh aloe I usually use it 40% since I soap with 50/50 lye solution I like to leave a little room for distilled water

Deborah, yes you can use those (or any cooking oils) from Walmart or any other grocery stores.

I often soap when I travel, and that's pretty much the only way I can buy soaping oils when I travel, is at grocery stores, Walmart included.

When I first started out, I used cooking oils I already had in the house and what I could find at my local grocers. Of course I wanted to get better prices on oils so began ordering from soap suppliers, but I do still often purchase from grocery stores when I need something sooner or the price is better.

The lye doesn't care where the soap came from. It's still going to make soap.

madison, I find that by shopping around, sometimes I see a really good source for other oils and will purchase as much as I think I can store and use up before it goes bad if it's a good sale. As a soaper, I tend to always look at oils and oil prices everywhere I go now. I think it comes with the passion of soapmaking. But sometimes those great sources do dry up, unfortunately. We had a new store in town selling CO for a fabulous price for the first few months, then they just totally stopped carrying CO altogether and I was so disappointed.

madison, I find that by shopping around, sometimes I see a really good source for other oils and will purchase as much as I think I can store and use up before it goes bad if it's a good sale. As a soaper, I tend to always look at oils and oil prices everywhere I go now. I think it comes with the passion of soapmaking. But sometimes those great sources do dry up, unfortunately. We had a new store in town selling CO for a fabulous price for the first few months, then they just totally stopped carrying CO altogether and I was so disappointed.
Thank you earlene, I live in a small town, prices are crazy expensive with not much options. When I go out of town I try to look for good sources, it's harder when I am with my family, they don't want to go around lol.

Latest posts

Back