Best mixer for whipped body butter

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Christa10

Reaction score
I've got some good recipes for a whipped body butter but have been using my old double beater portable hand mixer for whipping. I'm now wondering if there's a better implement out there that's hand held. Maybe the hand mixer is the best, but before I go buying something new I thought I'd ask the forum members if you have any favorites. I don't want to use a heavy kitchenaid-type stand mixer every time I want to make a batch, so I'm looking for something hand held that whips best.

That's all I have used in the past, is the double beater type, it was a cheap one from a $2 shop and worked fine. I don't have the money for a KitchenAid mixer, so that's it.

For whatever reason, so many used KitchenAid mixers are available for sale everywhere around here. Usually they go for around $100 for models that were $300-$400 brand new. Some years ago, I bought a used one, and it's still going strong.

I also have a used hand-held mixer that another SMF member was selling, and that works very well, too. I prefer it for smaller batches since it doesn't take as much effort to pull it out and work with it. However, I do prefer the KitchenAid when I'm making larger batches that would cause my hands to become sore and numb from using the hand-held mixer for that long.

EDIT: Sorry @Christa10 I just realized that I didn't really answer your question. My handheld mixer is a Hamilton Beach, and I love it. If I were buying a new one, I remember someone else here - maybe @Kcryss? - recommending this one on Amazon. It is very well-rated and has a small attachment that could be good for mixing small batches of soap, lotion, etc. If my HB ever dies, that's probably what I'd get next.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back